AU $$ plumetting

well this morning the Australian Dollar is worth a measly 71 US cents , it was around 73c yesterday and 75c the day before and only last week was 80 US cents , and a month ago when my old man was in the USA it was 98 US cents

tough times ahead for not only the Americans but the Aussies too

to top it all off oil prices are going down but remain the same at the pump

im wondering if film prices will increase as most are imported from the USA ?

Guest StreetsAheadWindowTinting

Bugger it all, that hype, yes the markets are slow, but what better time to plan your business strategies.

Get your goals in place, set up your procedures better and hold on. When it picks up you will be a market leader because all the others crumbled and gave up.

Heck I am going to start out in this economy, people want cooler homes but dont want to run the aircon as much, I have proven it in my own home!!!!!! :rollin

I agree completely perfect time to market towards energy saving aspects of having tint , goes for cars house and offices, in all case less air con time needed and when air con is running its not having to cool down from such a hot temperature.

unfortunately im a bit of a ditch at the moment financially and having trouble getting business insurance because they tell me window tinting is a trade and I need to of done an apprenticeship (not true , same went for when I was auto glazier (windscreen fitter) they think if you work on cars it has to be a tafe course!, looks like il be talking to some brokers next week , big companies suck ass ! so yeh im trying to build up some inventory and get my insurance then I can start marketing , currently im just doing tinting part time for ca$h

how is the NZ dollar currently ? is it close to our AUS dollar still they normally fall pretty close together.

Guest StreetsAheadWindowTinting

The dollar runs pretty close normally.

I am in the same boat as you by the sounds, insurance isn't a big problem here. Just go to a broker not the big companies. They will find the best deal for you.

Ask the insurer how they became qualified to insure peoples assets etc, are they registered valuers or maybe quantity surveyors, nope just salespeople!

Archived