Heat Gun Review

I tried the Eddy Mark 1100 heat gun on a Mazda 3 hatchback back window today inatalling Llumar ATR CH 15. I wish I could report a more positive feedback for the use of this particular heat gun in respects to using it for shrinking film, however it would not be my personal gun of choice.

I was hoping that based on the specs with it looking like the hottest gun, it would have out performed the traditional Milwaukee but most likely not the dual Milwaukee's that I prefer to use..but it's not fair comparing any 1 gun to using 2 at thr same time.

The gun was louder than the Milwaukee (no a big deal), was heavier than a Milwaukee (kind of a big deal) but didn't shrink as well as a single Milwaukee (a big deal)

In short I'm saddened to say this particular gun (although I'm sure is built to last much longer than the cheaper Milwaukee ) did not shrink as well as a Milwaukee for the purposes of shrinking a back glass.

Perhaps another gun they offer might be better for shrinking.

This gun for many other applications would most likely work well where not quite as much heat is required

This gun feels quite rugged and would most likely last longer than a cheaper gun.

Thankyou Will for choosing me to try out your product for tinting :thumb

The Heat Gun Store I would recommend to anyone for quick, courteous and honest service :thumb

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
My co-worker uses one like this and I steal it every chance I get. Best gun I ever used

41556QS3Z1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I got 3 of these. best gun ever. got one on each side of the bay, and one in the closet for backup.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
My co-worker uses one like this and I steal it every chance I get. Best gun I ever used

41556QS3Z1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Is there a part # or model # for this gun? Where is the best place to find one?

TW................have you had any time with the butane heatgun that you purchased. Any luck or insight with that one?

It is in no way good enough to shrink film with.it would take well over an hour to shrink the easiest back glass you have to literally almost touch the film for it to start shrinking..:thumb

If that thing was more powerful..that would be cool :thumb

Archived