Working on speed

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Guest oasisglatint
You da man tintmanlibby!!! You da Man!! Like your style! I bet someone will say something about a plotter!!!! Hecks no!!! You have to wait forever for it to cut the patterns....then you have to hand cut through the second layer....BS if you ask me! Hand cut all the time! Way faster than a plotter! Cheaper than a plotter! Better than a plotter! I am saying this about tint....not ppf....cause I have never done ppf.

aaaaaaamen to that I have been sayin that since they came ot with those plotters :lol2

ditto

:lol2

You guys MUST be doing something differently than me, when it comes to the plotter. I have been hand cutting for........ bout 18 yrs. Just got my plotter bout 3 months ago, for ppf, but using it for film as well. I can tell you, even from my limited experience, it is faster!!!

It's not a night and day diff. but it shaves bout 8-10 min per car. In the busy season....... you do the math.

The next thing I want to do is figure out the graphics aspect. Do you need an additional program for it?? any advice would be appreciated. :twocents

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not meaning to sound like an ass, but for those who criticize plotters probably have never used one. I'll admit they are better for dealership work, but even if you only did 3-4 cars a day, a plotter WILL save you some cut time. I'll put money on it.

PLOTTERS CUT FASTER THAN A HUMAN CAN!!!!

Guest filmslayer
Not meaning to sound like an ass, but for those who criticize plotters probably have never used one. I'll admit they are better for dealership work, but even if you only did 3-4 cars a day, a plotter WILL save you some cut time. I'll put money on it.

PLOTTERS CUT FASTER THAN A HUMAN CAN!!!!

Not for me . Unless I'm doing more than one of the same car in the same film than it's faster ,but when you have to load ,unload different films and patterns it's faster for me just to double cut . And NO program cuts as clean a pattern as I do ... :thumb

I understand you have to load different shades in the plotter when using different shades, but that takes 15 seconds. My plotter cuts clean, some patterns are not like I like them, but I can go in and change them for the next time. Loading a different pattern takes 5 seconds...now maybe my program is more user friendly....I dont know. But lets remeber slayer, my back window is already cut when I shape it. How many minutes alone will that save when you dont have to hold a light cut, move the light, cut...and so on.

Have you used a plotter?

Maybe I should make a video timing the plotter, then others can do the same cutting by hand. Whaddya think??

Also, I still cut by hand often. I have the plotter set up at a dealership, but at my shop I hand cut. For me, it makes more sense keeping it at the dealership that tint for.

Guest filmslayer
I understand you have to load different shades in the plotter when using different shades, but that takes 15 seconds. My plotter cuts clean, some patterns are not like I like them, but I can go in and change them for the next time. Loading a different pattern takes 5 seconds...now maybe my program is more user friendly....I dont know. But lets remeber slayer, my back window is already cut when I shape it. How many minutes alone will that save when you dont have to hold a light cut, move the light, cut...and so on.

Have you used a plotter?

Maybe I should make a video timing the plotter, then others can do the same cutting by hand. Whaddya think??

Also, I still cut by hand often. I have the plotter set up at a dealership, but at my shop I hand cut. For me, it makes more sense keeping it at the dealership that tint for.

Yes ,I have graphtec 7000 with tint/tec and have used other programs as well and have just not found one that cuts a good clean top edge. I'm also not that good with a puter witch probably slow's me a lil also.As far as the vid ,personaly I would'nt waste my time ,and if I were doing a good number of cars from one dealer I too would be using the plotter more...Blade is right ,it is what ever we do that gets the job done right the first time.... :thumb

Hmmm. The only car that I have had a problem with the top edge is the 09 Maxima. I will give you this. I do use the plotter for mostly Nissans. Im not great with computers either, and I have only used one program, but it is so easy to use. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, like Blade says.

Thanks Blade :thumb

Guest filmslayer
Hmmm. The only car that I have had a problem with the top edge is the 09 Maxima. I will give you this. I do use the plotter for mostly Nissans. Im not great with computers either, and I have only used one program, but it is so easy to use. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, like Blade says.

Thanks Blade :thumb

What program are you using ?

Archived