Working on speed

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a tip for those who reverse roll, as I do. Put all Your tools, paper towels , sprayer bottle in the back seat. Peel n Roll film. Take it into car with You, and THEN clean the back window and install film. One time getting in the back seat, one time getting out. :bingo

Guest scottydosnntkno
Heres a tip for those who reverse roll, as I do. Put all Your tools, paper towels , sprayer bottle in the back seat. Peel n Roll film. Take it into car with You, and THEN clean the back window and install film. One time getting in the back seat, one time getting out. :bingo

usually if I let the film sit too long wet before applying its too tacky and sticks to the window in spots causing it to crease.

Guest scottydosnntkno
When Your spraying the film, hose down the liner too....it shouldn't take more than a minute or two to properly clean your back window....thats not enough time for the adhesive to tack up.

the other day I tried to taco fold and just the time from peeling and spraying, to folding and putting it inside it was already taking to itself pretty good when I went to unfold it. I had to scrap that piece because it touched the seat when I was fighting to unfold it, and I was worried if I did get it unfolded about having glue smearing

Uh....My speed tip was for a reverse roll...not a "taco Fold"...no wonder ... Your putting adhesive to adhesive and wondering why its tacking up? Liner has no adhesive, thats why You can transfer it to the car before You clean Your back window without it tacking.. Your telling Me My tip doesnt work for You , and Your not even using it? WTF? :dunno

"double cut the side's and prepare them to be shrunk

get the back window ready to be shrunk

shrink side first to get gun warmed up

shrink back glass

clean and install back glass

clean and install side and dont waste time popin panel's

smoke a cig wipe her down give it a once over and send it on it's way"

This is how I do mine. Except I clean and install doors then clean and install back glass. I quadruple cut the doors if I have two of the same car to do. Also I don't use a peel board. That probably saves time.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Uh....My speed tip was for a reverse roll...not a "taco Fold"...no wonder ... Your putting adhesive to adhesive and wondering why its tacking up? Liner has no adhesive, thats why You can transfer it to the car before You clean Your back window without it tacking.. Your telling Me My tip doesnt work for You , and Your not even using it? WTF? :dunno

I didn't refer directly to your tip. I was just saying in general if I let the film sit for too long it starts to take up. Even with R/R if I let it sit more than a couple minutes rolled up when I unroll it its already tacking up and does the same thing. Same with side windows Once its been squeegeed down once you can't move it at all since it tacks up really fast. I guess SlipEase does that to ya

I didn't refer directly to your tip. I was just saying in general if I let the film sit for too long it starts to take up. Even with R/R if I let it sit more than a couple minutes rolled up when I unroll it its already tacking up and does the same thing. Same with side windows Once its been squeegeed down once you can't move it at all since it tacks up really fast. I guess SlipEase does that to ya

Really? Look up six post's dude... :lol

Sometimes I franky (smaller back windows and hatches), sometimes I reverse roll (trucks usually) and sometimes I taco (big ass back windows since I'm not a giant). I never have problems with it tacking up or dry spots when rolling or taco-ing but I use a spray bottle with more slip added to prevent it... :dunno And as for speed, especially when I was first starting out, I found double cutting side windows, doing anything with placing tools wherever so you're not making double trips and taking extra steps around the shop, and early on stopping as soon as I made a mistake and just redoing it made it quicker than screwing around with something I wasn't happy with. I always find the biggest killer for time with me is having to take extra steps around the shop or looking for things... 30 seconds here, couple minutes there, all really adds up. Basically just don't dick around :lol

Archived