Working on speed

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You da man tintmanlibby!!! You da Man!! Like your style! I bet someone will say something about a plotter!!!! Hecks no!!! You have to wait forever for it to cut the patterns....then you have to hand cut through the second layer....BS if you ask me! Hand cut all the time! Way faster than a plotter! Cheaper than a plotter! Better than a plotter! I am saying this about tint....not ppf....cause I have never done ppf.

.......& your an old timer :rollin:eyebrows

You da man tintmanlibby!!! You da Man!! Like your style! I bet someone will say something about a plotter!!!! Hecks no!!! You have to wait forever for it to cut the patterns....then you have to hand cut through the second layer....BS if you ask me! Hand cut all the time! Way faster than a plotter! Cheaper than a plotter! Better than a plotter! I am saying this about tint....not ppf....cause I have never done ppf.

.......& your an old timer :eyebrows:rollin

says "your doing all wrong then" goes back to show you that we all dont know everything!

you should say for me since I dont know how to weed out patterns quickly im SLOWER w/ a plotter than actualy cutting it by hand1 :lol2

Guest tintmanlibby

plotter's slow me down

my plotter is for show not go

plotter's slow me down

I gotcha understandable...

Guest tintmanlibby

plotter's slow me down

I gotcha understandable...

yea but your plotter is a huge money maker for you ! the art you do is awsome :homer

I used to think the same thing about plotters, but after using one, I am way faster. I do contract work at a nissan dealership and they have a plotter there from the previous in house tinter. After learning how to use it, I cut my time on an altima from just shy of an hour, to about 35 min. What's this about cutting through the second layer?? I also use the plotter for PPF.

I would challenge anyone to a pattern cut for the entire car by hand. I always thought I was faster than a plotter...NOPE!! I can cut an entire pattern with different shades using a plotter in about 2-3 minutes. After the back glass is shaped, you don't have to use a light to trim the film!! Just pull the liner, and it's already cut. :twocents

I use a plotter when a truck comes in with a topper on it and they want the back glass done or a car with vent shades on it that I don't want to take off! I prefer handcutting because I'm an edge freak and even though precision cut from Llumar has nice patterns I'm a creature of habit unwilling to change on this issue. Base your speed on the quality of your own exceptance not based on what time frame someone else does!! It takes me by myself an hour and 1/2 and sometimes more depending on the car I'm tinting , but most importantly I'm satisfied with that because I base my speed on what it takes me to do what I consider a quality job! :drevil

Guest tintgod
double cut the side's and prepare them to be shrunk

get the back window ready to be shrunk

shrink side first to get gun warmed up

shrink back glass

clean and install back glass

clean and install side and dont waste time popin panel's

smoke a cig wipe her down give it a once over and send it on it's way

hour top's :40

:beer:dunno

Archived