Working on speed

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Guest scottydosnntkno
Uh....My speed tip was for a reverse roll...not a "taco Fold"...no wonder ... Your putting adhesive to adhesive and wondering why its tacking up? Liner has no adhesive, thats why You can transfer it to the car before You clean Your back window without it tacking.. Your telling Me My tip doesnt work for You , and Your not even using it? WTF? :lol2

I didn't refer directly to your tip. I was just saying in general if I let the film sit for too long it starts to take up. Even with R/R if I let it sit more than a couple minutes rolled up when I unroll it its already tacking up and does the same thing. Same with side windows Once its been squeegeed down once you can't move it at all since it tacks up really fast. I guess SlipEase does that to ya

Really? Look up six post's dude... :lol2

yeah, all it says was if I let the film sit too long after spraying it then the adhesive starts to get tacky when I go to apply it. :lol2

Sometimes I franky (smaller back windows and hatches), sometimes I reverse roll (trucks usually) and sometimes I taco (big ass back windows since I'm not a giant). I never have problems with it tacking up or dry spots when rolling or taco-ing but I use a spray bottle with more slip added to prevent it... :bat And as for speed, especially when I was first starting out, I found double cutting side windows, doing anything with placing tools wherever so you're not making double trips and taking extra steps around the shop, and early on stopping as soon as I made a mistake and just redoing it made it quicker than screwing around with something I wasn't happy with. I always find the biggest killer for time with me is having to take extra steps around the shop or looking for things... 30 seconds here, couple minutes there, all really adds up. Basically just don't dick around :lol

I still have an issue with that with still trying to save a window that has a small crease or trying to remove a little dirt.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can dick with it for 10 minutes, even though you know deep down you'll never be happy with it after... or just say fock it and rip it off and be done in pretty much the same time, and be happy when it leaves.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Speed 2 nd QUALITY 1ST.do it all the same IF I need to kick it up a notch I will. But not to the point that my quality will suffer.

I've kind of been going back to that lately. I've been spending more time on each car just to make it a little bit better and do the absolute best I know I can

Speed 2 nd QUALITY 1ST.do it all the same IF I need to kick it up a notch I will. But not to the point that my quality will suffer.

I've kind of been going back to that lately. I've been spending more time on each car just to make it a little bit better and do the absolute best I know I can

Maybe that's why you need to use pictures taken from this website to sell your services :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno

Maybe that's why you need to use pictures taken from this website to sell your services :dunno

I would like to see these pictures you speak of

You da man tintmanlibby!!! You da Man!! Like your style! I bet someone will say something about a plotter!!!! Hecks no!!! You have to wait forever for it to cut the patterns....then you have to hand cut through the second layer....BS if you ask me! Hand cut all the time! Way faster than a plotter! Cheaper than a plotter! Better than a plotter! I am saying this about tint....not ppf....cause I have never done ppf.

aaaaaaamen to that I have been sayin that since they came ot with those plotters :dunno

ditto

:lol2

You guys MUST be doing something differently than me, when it comes to the plotter. I have been hand cutting for........ bout 18 yrs. Just got my plotter bout 3 months ago, for ppf, but using it for film as well. I can tell you, even from my limited experience, it is faster!!!

It's not a night and day diff. but it shaves bout 8-10 min per car. In the busy season....... you do the math.

The next thing I want to do is figure out the graphics aspect. Do you need an additional program for it?? any advice would be appreciated. :lol2

I was just tooling around with a Program Called VectorMagic I took a picture with my digital camera of my office and VectorMagic basically made the picture I took into "traced lines" of the image.. Imported that "traced image" into my software I use with my plotter and it appeared.. Was like holy Sh!t. I thought I was going to cut out this crazy image but when I clicked cut it gave me and "out of bounds error" DAMN! Waiting till monday to call software cats see what the hell I was doing wrong

If this eventually works out someone could just take a picture of what they want and I could import it and cut it out on the plotter.. The possibilites are endless.

Note: Weeding the pattern out with all sorts of nooks and cranies can take forever..

The "vinyl" sign guys are the pros at this and their software they use is probably easy to use and they've been doing it for along time

Archived