Working on speed

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Guest tyler6629
You da man tintmanlibby!!! You da Man!! Like your style! I bet someone will say something about a plotter!!!! Hecks no!!! You have to wait forever for it to cut the patterns....then you have to hand cut through the second layer....BS if you ask me! Hand cut all the time! Way faster than a plotter! Cheaper than a plotter! Better than a plotter! I am saying this about tint....not ppf....cause I have never done ppf.

I don't know what your experience is with plotters but we use a plotter at our shop with tt 20/20 and patterns always fit precisely wont say we dont ever run into a problem every now and then, but I can have all patterns cut and on our glass tables ready to go in 2 minutes tops, now I know I cant hand cut patterns as fast as pro's or people who do it everyday but my boss with 28 years exp. cant cut them faster than the plotter, little hefty in price and leasing price for patterns but if your quick it can help save time and deffinately pays for itself.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this guy is a joke, the end result probably looked like my local competitions garbage tint jobs. he didnt even tape the felt or roll down the window to cut the top edge... littered with contamination for sure. he should find a new profession

Guest bnsautomotive

this video is horrible lol. doesnt even cut the top edge of glass. and doesnt round corners. and ive actually fixed tint jobs like this where they leave a 1-2 inch gap on the top due to not rolling the windows down..... geeez

Guest ShLine

I am a perfectionist by nature, and it cost me a lot of money through the years in wasted labour.

OK, I know we don't work in a vacuum (not healthy), and we have our industry standards (if you don't see it from 1 meter, than it isn't there; actually, you know that old philosophical thing? If a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it, did it happen? This one is even better: If a man speaks his mind in a forest, and no women hears him, is he still wrong?), and we all know window tinting is not a perfect business... contamination, dot matrix, internal reflectance at night...

But, I want it to be perfect as much as possible and also to be profitable at the same time (WOM is best marketing in tinting business. Amen.). So, in this context it means that you barter your time in exchange for marketing/advertising dollars, or euros... or not?

I spent 10 years of innovating to cut corners and deliver perfection at the same time. Did I succeed? No, but I learned a few things along the way.

Plotter? Great marketing machine: "He cuts film with laser beams! Wooha Scotty! And he didn't put a knife on my car!" (Yes, I konw it's not a laser, I have one of those)

So, can a plotter cut faster than me? Hell no. Not even close.

Is it good to have a plotter? Hell yeah! It's a second best marketing thing I've seen after WOM.

Of all the things I've done in my 10 years of window tinting this is the most effective innovation of all: CHECK LIST

I have three of them: pick up, tinting, and delivery.

I strongly recommend you to read this book:

The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right

by Atul Gawande, you can find it on Amazon.

Archived