Working on speed

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

when you guys use plotters - does it allow enough on the back glass for shrinkage - for instance a clio back glass, you have to ad at least 3" on the top don't you?

Of course it does. The plotter etches the film to fit on the back glass. You still have excess around the cut. After you shape it, you simply pull the excess off, and it leaves the area of film that was etched, already cut to size. You just put it on.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
Just tint like this guy. He didn't even roll the window down!

:lol2:lol2:bingo

Ohh god. not that guy agian.

Ohh just an update. I got my time down to less than 2 hours. If anyone cares.

Guest tiger_football
He did crack the window for the edge. In like the first 2 seconds of the video.

He rolled it down to clean but rolled it back up to cut the pattern and install.

Guest streetsounds
You da man tintmanlibby!!! You da Man!! Like your style! I bet someone will say something about a plotter!!!! Hecks no!!! You have to wait forever for it to cut the patterns....then you have to hand cut through the second layer....BS if you ask me! Hand cut all the time! Way faster than a plotter! Cheaper than a plotter! Better than a plotter! I am saying this about tint....not ppf....cause I have never done ppf.

aaaaaaamen to that I have been sayin that since they came ot with those plotters :twocents

You da man tintmanlibby!!! You da Man!! Like your style! I bet someone will say something about a plotter!!!! Hecks no!!! You have to wait forever for it to cut the patterns....then you have to hand cut through the second layer....BS if you ask me! Hand cut all the time! Way faster than a plotter! Cheaper than a plotter! Better than a plotter! I am saying this about tint....not ppf....cause I have never done ppf.

aaaaaaamen to that I have been sayin that since they came ot with those plotters :twocents

ditto

Archived