stopped by best buy

(tint 123)

Ever been to a Sears? oil change, tvs, shocks, rims, tires, batteries, tools, jewelry, underwear, photo dept, hell get ur taxes done.

I think its good business. I've never seen my local BB with an empty parking lot. It's really no different from Ziebart, only BB dosen't do bedliners.

Oh great ! if anyone from bb sees this Bedliners are next on their list.

Who else is going to jump on the bandwagon ?

"Ronald McDonald will tint your windows for 10% off with any purchase of $30 or more ?"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texstar
A couple years ago we found out that BB was trying to sell Pre-Cut tint kits.

We had a member here (MURF or something like that) that was actually a employee of a DFW BB and was trying to learn how to tint. He caught lots of hell from everybody on this site :thumb

TINT_TERRORIST was luvin him sum dem BB tint papers mang :drevil

tt2.jpg

I thought I read something on here lately that he ws still in the tint business? :spit

As of now NOBODY has been able to successfully franchise auto tinting in america. And I dont see it happening anytime soon. Some have tried all have failed. Too many variables like laws, systems etc.... It would take a MASSIVE effort by a bunch of professionals and cost a ton of money.

If there were a way to do it, BSF or LLu LLU would have already stabbed us all in the back and done it by now. Who knows, maybe they will someday.

Guest bigd300z

Hey buddy I am one of the tinters at Best Buy in OKC. The two of us here have been tinting profesionaly for over ten years. We only tint with Global HP. You are right about our display, we actually just noticed it too. The display is for QDP. The city made us take the sign out front down until we obtain a permit. But we are still tinting strong.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Hey buddy I am one of the tinters at Best Buy in OKC. The two of us here have been tinting profesionaly for over ten years. We only tint with Global HP. You are right about our display, we actually just noticed it too. The display is for QDP. The city made us take the sign out front down until we obtain a permit. But we are still tinting strong.

:dunno You've been tinting for 10 years and you just noticed the bad display window? Wouldn't you have noticed it was dirty and creased as soon as you did it :lol2

best buy doing tint is to funny...im at rollin sound and we fix alot of the f-ups all the time (stereo)! if they started doing tint that would be the funniest ever, they send us alot of work. I can remember a custi coming to use to buy a dash kit and we actualy got the job "sold them a navigation system" I only see young kids in there that only know the basics, which is sad since new cars have to have mods to be able to install after market radios, to retain onstar and so much other bs that they send threw radios now-a-days.

good luck best buy....I thank you for bussiness you send us!

Guest Sarah
I had a good chuckle at best buy today. One of the local shops is offering tint. They had a sign up for Global non metal film. So I asked them a couple questions about their film. They did not know if it was QD or QDP but their sign in the window said it was non metalized to help with navigation reception. Offering a lifetime of beauty to your vehicle. (tricky wording there) not warranty but beauty. I asked what % they had and all the guy could say is 25%. Well, it has been awhile since I have bought any global but.........last I checked they sold 20% or 35% not any 25%. I think the salesman was just trying to quote the state law %, rather than what he had. So I asked him if I could talk to the tinter and he said he was one of them................................yikes

I had heard enough. So I thanked him and walked away and that is when I saw their driver side display window and it was a 20% film full of contamination and fingers that were heated after the film started to take hold and a small crease towards the bottom front. I will say this though there was no gap all the way around the window and it was a very nice edge. It would not have peeled. There I said something nice in all of that.

Anyway no worries for actual competition growing at Best Buy any time soon for anyone in OKC metro area. Can't even say they were low ball pricing. They were in line with most local area shops.

No real point to all of this other than.......................................................Yikes, please put the olfa down BB.

That is crazy....Thank god the one here doesnt do that.......wait if I'm correct (maybe not) they barly do any stereo installation anymore.........

I had a good chuckle at best buy today. One of the local shops is offering tint. They had a sign up for Global non metal film. So I asked them a couple questions about their film. They did not know if it was QD or QDP but their sign in the window said it was non metalized to help with navigation reception. Offering a lifetime of beauty to your vehicle. (tricky wording there) not warranty but beauty. I asked what % they had and all the guy could say is 25%. Well, it has been awhile since I have bought any global but.........last I checked they sold 20% or 35% not any 25%. I think the salesman was just trying to quote the state law %, rather than what he had. So I asked him if I could talk to the tinter and he said he was one of them................................yikes

I had heard enough. So I thanked him and walked away and that is when I saw their driver side display window and it was a 20% film full of contamination and fingers that were heated after the film started to take hold and a small crease towards the bottom front. I will say this though there was no gap all the way around the window and it was a very nice edge. It would not have peeled. There I said something nice in all of that.

Anyway no worries for actual competition growing at Best Buy any time soon for anyone in OKC metro area. Can't even say they were low ball pricing. They were in line with most local area shops.

No real point to all of this other than.......................................................Yikes, please put the olfa down BB.

That is crazy....Thank god the one here doesnt do that.......wait if I'm correct (maybe not) they barly do any stereo installation anymore.........

Sarah you don't post much :beer Welcome to TD from Oregon :beer

Archived