stopped by best buy

I had a good chuckle at best buy today. One of the local shops is offering tint. They had a sign up for Global non metal film. So I asked them a couple questions about their film. They did not know if it was QD or QDP but their sign in the window said it was non metalized to help with navigation reception. Offering a lifetime of beauty to your vehicle. (tricky wording there) not warranty but beauty. I asked what % they had and all the guy could say is 25%. Well, it has been awhile since I have bought any global but.........last I checked they sold 20% or 35% not any 25%. I think the salesman was just trying to quote the state law %, rather than what he had. So I asked him if I could talk to the tinter and he said he was one of them................................yikes

I had heard enough. So I thanked him and walked away and that is when I saw their driver side display window and it was a 20% film full of contamination and fingers that were heated after the film started to take hold and a small crease towards the bottom front. I will say this though there was no gap all the way around the window and it was a very nice edge. It would not have peeled. There I said something nice in all of that.

Anyway no worries for actual competition growing at Best Buy any time soon for anyone in OKC metro area. Can't even say they were low ball pricing. They were in line with most local area shops.

No real point to all of this other than.......................................................Yikes, please put the olfa down BB.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

in sure that best buy has nothing to do with window tinting at all. with out even looking at it, I can tell u that best buy has anyhting on thier website about tinting. I bet u can call corporate and they wont know anything about it. what u see there is the manager of that location attempting to make more money. money im sure that is going mostly in his pockets because they are not going to write a bestbuy reciept for window tinting if "best buy" can not warranty it. if u get your tint done there and try to get it warrantied at another location, they will be dumbfounded if u go in there and say that "I need to get my tint redone." I can assure u that its just someone trying to make more money with the space they have in the install bay at that location. theres a guy that tints over here AT the circuit city. a freind used to work there and said that the manager lets him do it on his "off time." im sure I could have that shut down at any time with a simple phone call to corporate, but why?? he sucks to bad that I get all of r/r's because of him.

WHY can't people go to two separate businesses for two separate services???????????? It makes me sick to see s#@t like this. An employee at BB the other day offered to fill my tires with nitrogen. People are too dam lazy these days!! :dunno

why the hell would he want to fill your tire with nitro?

in sure that best buy has nothing to do with window tinting at all. with out even looking at it, I can tell u that best buy has anyhting on thier website about tinting. I bet u can call corporate and they wont know anything about it. what u see there is the manager of that location attempting to make more money. money im sure that is going mostly in his pockets because they are not going to write a bestbuy reciept for window tinting if "best buy" can not warranty it. if u get your tint done there and try to get it warrantied at another location, they will be dumbfounded if u go in there and say that "I need to get my tint redone." I can assure u that its just someone trying to make more money with the space they have in the install bay at that location. theres a guy that tints over here AT the circuit city. a freind used to work there and said that the manager lets him do it on his "off time." im sure I could have that shut down at any time with a simple phone call to corporate, but why?? he sucks to bad that I get all of r/r's because of him.
WHY can't people go to two separate businesses for two separate services???????????? It makes me sick to see s#@t like this. An employee at BB the other day offered to fill my tires with nitrogen. People are too dam lazy these days!! :dunno

why the hell would he want to fill your tire with nitro?

nitrogen doesn't hold moisture like normal air does. It holds a tighter bead seal to your tire so you don't lose air like normal. I haven't looked into it really, since my friends at Discount Tire don't do it. Anybody investigated?

A couple years ago we found out that BB was trying to sell Pre-Cut tint kits.

We had a member here (MURF or something like that) that was actually a employee of a DFW BB and was trying to learn how to tint. He caught lots of hell from everybody on this site :DD

TINT_TERRORIST was luvin him sum dem BB tint papers mang :DD

tt2.jpg

Archived