first beetle

Guest tintec

got 1 coming,I nearly turned it away :rollin are they really that bad ive never two pieced anything in my life and I use johnsons greystone film,is a 1 piece relly that hard,I soap shrink can back glass be done in soap,any tips?

Guest thatsnappyguy

leave the film hang over the top and bottom egde as long as the roll will allow and use the "lift and pull method." should take a first timer at least 30 mins to get it down with that method. keep the gun close and moving, move from the middle to the egdes.

I know alot of people will complain about this but- I show my trainees how to do the old ''invis-iseam'' method. It has saved many a tinters hairlines. Most people can't cut the film on the inside - they just dont have steady enough hands. I will tell you this, I pull the door panels and the top gasket that goes around the perimeter of the window. It makes it a cakewalk to do those doors and doesnt take but a few minutes. :rollin

Guest WISEGUYSinc
got 1 coming,I nearly turned it away :lol6 are they really that bad ive never two pieced anything in my life and I use johnsons greystone film,is a 1 piece relly that hard,I soap shrink can back glass be done in soap,any tips?

just keep your confidence goin into the job! dont get frustrated when trying. take your time. if you can shrink a back glass in one piece, you can do this bugs back glass. :rollin you can do it

thanks guys,yes I remove the thick felt seal that goes around the whole window on vw passats aswell,leaves roll ups much easier,I can do all other tricky back glass in one piece,mk5 golf pug 206 etc so ill give it my best shot :rollin

After tinting a bug, your confidence will grow! Not too many out there much harder except maybe 2dr Stratus , old stingray, old saturn and a few others!! :twocents

Dont forget my personal favorite that old cutlass supreme with the funky backglass. First one I did there was no such thing as heat shrinking. I wake up with cold sweats still thinking about that day..... :twocents

got 1 coming,I nearly turned it away :hide are they really that bad ive never two pieced anything in my life and I use johnsons greystone film,is a 1 piece relly that hard,I soap shrink can back glass be done in soap,any tips?

If you use Johnson, try RayGard. In your climate you should get 5 years out of it. Anyway, that stuff will shrink like hot buttah on a Beetle (Not Paul or Ringo though) :thumb :thumb :lol2

Archived