Hey flat glassers!

"Will the film look mirrored on the outside?"

I have come across this question so many times. If the custy has DP glass, it doesn't matter what you put on it, the glass will always look a little shiny. I try and get my customers to quit thinking "mirrored" and to think "shiny". I know there are films that help reduce that effect, but then you are limiting the customer to one type of film (unless you carry other makes).

They don't understand that with DP windows, they already look shiny with nothing on them at all. And then they want to be able to see out at night, which is hard without film on the glass anyway. The film makes it harder to see out no matter what you put on the glass.

I have recently been beat out by others b/c they are putting automotive films on com/res glass because they don't shine, especially on SP windows. I use Madico films and the only "non-reflective" film they have is MAC (Madico Advanced Ceramic) which I hate, and I can't get it anyway b/c I don't do enough volume to carry it. I have warned custys about auto films but how can they know? They have to trust they are getting what someone sells them right?

So how do YOU overcome these obsticles? What are key words to use?

BTW, Im sure someone will say it...no, Im not switching films. Telling the custy Madico has been around since 1903 really helps sell it.

I have to dis-agree. DP are not difficult to see out at night at all, with or with out film. Huper ESC35 is more reflective then other ceramics and I can see out perfect at the stars even with the INT lights on. Same with DR-35 from LLUMAR.

I have both these on my home.

If you need some film that will be very neutral on reflection then you should look at offering a different film IN ADDITION to the Madico film. Johnson has the Nightscape film that is a very "black" looking film and they just came out with a 35%. There are simply too many choices to offer if you really want to combat this problem.

You may think the other shops are putting on Auto film and they are putting up something like the Nightscape film instead. Shoot JWF has the MG05 which is a 5% VLT very black film that is covered for a single pane flat glass.

Guest h0wld0g

Madico's NG series is not very reflective at all... And if you want a ceramic film and can't carry MAC and can't afford Huper give Chris a call at Geoshield I carried it before I made the switch to Huper. I was well satisfied with it and the customer support for the time I spent with them.

If you need some film that will be very neutral on reflection then you should look at offering a different film IN ADDITION to the Madico film. Johnson has the Nightscape film that is a very "black" looking film and they just came out with a 35%. There are simply too many choices to offer if you really want to combat this problem.

You may think the other shops are putting on Auto film and they are putting up something like the Nightscape film instead. Shoot JWF has the MG05 which is a 5% VLT very black film that is covered for a single pane flat glass.

No, I know they are using automotive films b/c I used to work at the company who is doing it. They use Madico CH20 for many houses. I thought about using a different film though in addition to Madico. I used Suntek for about 3 years and never had a problem with their architectual films. I stopped by today and picked up a sample of their new film called UltraVisionDS. It looks great and has good numbers. It looks a lot like Huper. I may have to give it a try.

Madico's NG series is not very reflective at all... And if you want a ceramic film and can't carry MAC and can't afford Huper give Chris a call at Geoshield I carried it before I made the switch to Huper. I was well satisfied with it and the customer support for the time I spent with them.

Yeah NG isn't too reflective but my distributor only carries NG20/70. One is DP safe and the other isn't. I'd like to get some NG35. Im not really interested in ceramic films though, and I hate MAC. It looks pretty good, and performs pretty good, but does Madico really have to use ps adhesive on it?

Guest h0wld0g

I agree the PS does blow at times but if you install enough of it you really learn how to use it. I guess you could say it makes you good a flat glass Because once you lock it down you don't want to try to move it.

Archived