Film lifting

See if you can grab some pics of the issue. Some films don't take to well to dull knives and deform at the cut edge and look like they are peeling back. If the film has been cut in a plotter and the blade is older it can deform the edge as well.

I have pics of my Grand Prix I did. Will post pics in the A.M.

Not too much you can do about it.

It has to do with the graphic film holding the covering film up off the glass, same thing the dot matrix does.

That's what I figure but there must be a way to kill that. I used to get white edges on pre-99 Chevy trucks with the ceramic border on rollups but not any more.

I may try heating the film to see if it lays down. Just chizzling it did nothing

You get that on all tint graphics that you cover up on the back glass! It's just an air line around it! Tell you a good idea is cut the film off of your graphic and leave about a16th of an inch space aroung it! When you look from the inside of the car you see the different colors from silver to black in your case and it gives a pretty good looking effect and you can't see it from the outside! Next back glass graphic I do I'll post a picture here so you can see what I mean! Unfortunatly I just noticed you have defrost lines and cutting the film off could risk damaging them! I usually only do truck back glass or cars where they owners don't care!

You get that on all tint graphics that you cover up on the back glass! It's just an air line around it! Tell you a good idea is cut the film off of your graphic and leave about a16th of an inch space aroung it! When you look from the inside of the car you see the different colors from silver to black in your case and it gives a pretty good looking effect and you can't see it from the outside! Next back glass graphic I do I'll post a picture here so you can see what I mean! Unfortunatly I just noticed you have defrost lines and cutting the film off could risk damaging them! I usually only do truck back glass or cars where they owners don't care!

Thanks TA I appreciate it

if that has been on for a couple weeks or so then try pressing it down with your finger.

I understand that was the practice back in the original multi-piece back glasses when just doing overlapped strips. Have the customer come back for a "press down"

if that has been on for a couple weeks or so then try pressing it down with your finger.

I understand that was the practice back in the original multi-piece back glasses when just doing overlapped strips. Have the customer come back for a "press down"

This was my personal car. I tried chizzling it with no luck

Archived