Huper Optik X3 Ceramic

Guest wamatt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest obxtint

I used to loose a lot of bids with my "traditional" film at lower than competetive prices.

I picked up HO over a year ago. I land 90% of the jobs I bid on.

CLARITY is the main reason.. I didn't want to buy into the hype either.

I had to try something to get my share of the res/com market.

I've used lulu suntech vistahhh mmm .

HO clarity blows me away every time.

Guest Fly Paper
10$ says we never hear from wamatt again rollin.gif

Haha. You can post me that $10 thanks.

So anyway is HO Ceramic the ultimate home tint?

I don't trust individual installer in my area advice (since they aligned with the company they distributing for), obviously they gonna say there product is best.

The installers in my area nearly all use Sun Gard products.

It depends on what your needs are...

Do you want high heat rej?

Do you want low reflectivity?

Do you want glare control?

Do you need a film that will not corrode?

Do you want a dye free product?

Do you want a film that is NFRC Certified?

Do you want warranty coverage up to $2k per pane?

Do you want a film that does not have dyes and ceramics in the hardcoat?

Lastly, do you want a film that looks good? If so then have the Huper ppl install a sample and have the Sun Gard ppl install a sample and ask yourself which looks best on your home? The film that meets your needs and looks best is probably the ultimate for you.

Your next problem will then be, can the installer do a good job? Ask for references. :lol2

I care about glare, heat, and optical clarity in that order.

Here are the specs for single pane clear:

Ceramic 30

Glare Reduction=62%

Total Solar Energy Rejected=63%

Optical Clarity=Compare it on the glass and you make the call... it makes the grade -imo.

DREI

Glare Reduction=61%

Total Solar Energy Rejected=70%

Optical Clarity=Same as above.

These are low reflecting films, you can get more glare reduction and heat rejection from a film but it will typically be more reflective. Put em on the glass next to Sun Gard's and make the call. You will have to decide what is too reflective for your tastes, look at it during the day and at night. :shock

Hey V

I removed V-33 (installed in 2001) from my home on a 6X6 with 2 trap 3X3 above on the rear landing with due east exposure and installed Drei last year. The sun hits the thermostat on the wall in the morning and either kicks off the heat in the winter or runs the air conditioning in summer. It still effects it a little now but what a amazing difference over the other film. Optical clarity is awsome too! Now I need to do the rest of the house and get rid of the hazy old vista!

Archived