Huper Optik X3 Ceramic

Guest wamatt

wamatt,

I want to mention another concern with any brand of "ceramic" film...

the darker versions tend to absorb a lot of solar energy. what I mean by a lot is more than 50%, up to nearly 60%

What that means is that the film and glass surface heat up when the sun shines on it. Typically, for a given light transmission, a lower reflectivity absorbs more energy.

Here's the rub; a given film might look nice, reduce glare, and "block" heat, but the ones that absorb a lot of heat will leave you with windows that are uncomfortable to be next to because they're radiating heat INTO the room, making you feel the heat when you're right next to them. They also can get very hot to the touch, such that you wouldn't want a small child to touch the windows if the sun is shining on them. This is especially true if you have dual-pane windows.

For that reason, it's important to look at the Solar Energy Absorbed spec. AKA Total solar absorption. It's also the reason I would suggest a ceramic that blocks only around 40% of visible light or less.

You may want to read this thread: http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48203

H

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
wamatt,

I want to mention another concern with any brand of "ceramic" film...

the darker versions tend to absorb a lot of solar energy. what I mean by a lot is more than 50%, up to nearly 60%

What that means is that the film and glass surface heat up when the sun shines on it. Typically, for a given light transmission, a lower reflectivity absorbs more energy.

Here's the rub; a given film might look nice, reduce glare, and "block" heat, but the ones that absorb a lot of heat will leave you with windows that are uncomfortable to be next to because they're radiating heat INTO the room, making you feel the heat when you're right next to them. They also can get very hot to the touch, such that you wouldn't want a small child to touch the windows if the sun is shining on them. This is especially true if you have dual-pane windows.

For that reason, it's important to look at the Solar Energy Absorbed spec. AKA Total solar absorption. It's also the reason I would suggest a ceramic that blocks only around 40% of visible light or less.

You may want to read this thread: http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48203

H

I have a question.

So tell me this hoosier... two films that have a .45 SHGC, one is ceramic with a 52% SA and the other is a DR with 47%SA. Which one radiates the most heat inward?

Guest vclimber
never had a single complaint from anyone. :hmmm I guess most don't have superhuman windowfilm vision like you do VC :lol

Install it side by side to another film just like you do with automotive film Blade. Can't tell me you of all people are not picky. :nope

actually I do that for color comparison, not clarity. I've never been too concerned about clarity (other than the truly obvious) when it comes to what I offer my customers because I think most are pretty comparable. if customers are seeing THAT much of a difference then they need to stop eyefocking the film. whether I'm offering Vista, LLumar, Johnson, Suntek, Solargard...... they're all close enough in clarity that I'm not concerned. in all my years I've NEVER had a customer complain of clarity. therefore....it's not a concern of mine. :nope

Guest tintmanlibby

Commercial Buildings

When it comes to making the best of your commercial space, look

to Hüper Optik® nano-ceramic films to deliver the utmost in

commercial and aesthetic appeal.

Windows are an essential aspect of today's architecture; they bring

warmth and life into any interior by illuminating with natural light

and providing a clear view to the outside world. Unfortunately, they

also let in unwelcome heat, glare and damaging ultraviolet rays.

Air-conditioning bills increase due to the excessive heat load. Most

metallic or dyed window films employ conventional technologies

and do not provide optimal solar control. They cut out light, turning

the interior dull and gloomy, and are internally reflective, making

them difficult to see through

:nope

dr 15 doesnt hold a candle to huppy optikal clarity I mean come on who want's a black film on the outside and a mirrior look on the inside

Archived