don't pull too hard!!!

Guest Tint_Pro

Been There! been tinting for almost 8 years now and broke my first windshield this summer. I work with alot of glass shops in the area and they took pretty good care of me. I traded them a complete tint and $100 for replacing it. The next custy that came in with the identical truck I told them if I couldnt get the mirror off the first time they would have to have the glass shop take it off before I installed the banner. Since im a TINTER and not a GLASS GUY, I would rather be safe than sorry!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddtinter

Last week I was talking with a chevy mechanic that saw a guy jack up a C6 vette from the rear to remove a wheel and the back glass exploded.

About 15 years ago,with customer standing there,I was cleaning the back glass of VW Bug and it popped out bounced off the ground and didn"t break.Another time I was taking a popout window out of a semi it slipped out my hands fell aboout 6 or 7 feet and landed on my sprayer hose.Got lucky again it didn't break.As far as w/s go I have never broken on taken off a mirror.If you have mechanical skills and patience they will not break.Your mind can't be drifting off thinking about something else when you really need to be focused.

Guest teamfutaba
I sprayed window cleaner on a b/w and it exploded

right... another one for no reason. a dodge van, I had just touched the window with my single edge and it exploded. that was a LONG time ago.

Archived