Global HP Charcoal

IF there is a sat antenna in the rear deck then it will.....radio antennas are only going to be a problem if you are talking AM and it is one of the wire on the glass like a defroster line.....

Any HP film that uses traditional metals can cause a decrease in signal for radio frequencies.....the amount of metal and the exact type of metal will make a difference as much as it being there in general!

Guest Thetintcenter
anyone got any xtra rolls they are willing to sell...im looking for 20 and 5% and about 20"x100'.......lemme know..been looking for some but cant get ahold of any

An xtra roll of which one? Also where are you located?

Guest maddtinter
IF there is a sat antenna in the rear deck then it will.....radio antennas are only going to be a problem if you are talking AM and it is one of the wire on the glass like a defroster line.....

Any HP film that uses traditional metals can cause a decrease in signal for radio frequencies.....the amount of metal and the exact type of metal will make a difference as much as it being there in general!

Not entirely true.Metal tint also can affect the antenna line on the back glass of key fob's.

Not entirely true.Metal tint also can affect the antenna line on the back glass of key fob's.

so they put the antenna for key fobs on the rear glass? I have never thought about them being there and can't really imagine it either. Got any specific vehicles that you speak of?

Guest maddtinter

so they put the antenna for key fobs on the rear glass? I have never thought about them being there and can't really imagine it either. Got any specific vehicles that you speak of?

Mercedes and BMW.I own '95 7 series.Back in '98 I installed a metalic type tint.Did not know at that time what a metal tint could do to the electronics in a car.For years I delt with the key fob not functioning properly.I would stand next to the car and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.Most of the time I would have to move the key fob around to get the signal to connect.So,in '03 I removed the tint and to my surprise "NO MORE PROBLEMS".Also had a customer bring in a '06 C-class Benz.I explained all the do's and dont's about metal tint.She had just traded in her '04 C-class, that was tinted elsewhere,and said that the car would not lock/unlock like it should.We installed a non metal tint.NO PROBLEMS with signal interfernce.

Archived