UK tinting laws

Guest Tint Wiz

Guest Tint Wiz

I got pulled over by police yesterday in broard day light they said my tint was illegal and have been given 14 days to take it off, and car`nt put a tint on less than 70% he say`s it`s law :ahole he say`s front door`s must have a light transmisson of 71%, has anyone in UK had this done to them , it seems someone in a X5 BMW pulled out on a motor bike and biker was killed not nice to hear , but X5 had 5% on front door`s thank`s to that tinter for that and sorry to the biker`s family .

So now I have to get my customer`s to sign a disclaimer from now on if they want 35 or darker on their car`s ???????

Guest DaleB

Twizard a fella from a local garage told me about that accident he said he read it in the daily mail and that they are making it law not to tint the fronts as the accident only happened in Bridgend ,South Wales about 12 miles from me I wanted to know a bit more info so I phoned up the police headquarters in South Wales and asked what tint is legal for the fronts,he said 72% fronts and 70% backs but he was only looking at some sort of book for car offences, really he hadnt a clue and told me to try the DVLA or the ministry of transport.Also I talked to a traffic policeman from Cardiff and asked him he didnt know and that they didnt really bother stopping people,aswell as that I asked my mate who`s a PC he asked traffic police in our town and they said as long as they can see your face you wont have a problem thats all I know so im sticking with 35% untill someone can give me a tidy answer.

Guest Tint Wiz

Dale

you can tint from b post back as dark as you like as long as you have wing or door mirrors 72% tint is standard on any factory ford focus,front doors but he told me same thing if we can see your face it`s ok ,so look`s as it`s 35 or lighter is the order of a tinting day :?