VE commodore

At the time of writing this, all the new VE's don't appear to have the felt guides anymore which is great.

What I experienced once with a VE rear screen is this....I had it all on and squeegeed out and then I decided that I had to retrieve a hair and shift the film.

In doing so, the heater demister lines had left an indelible mark on the film as the sheet was now in a slightly different position to where I had it originally.

So the upshot was that I had a double set of lines about 2 mm apart but it didn't wreck the screen however.

Devil

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've retinted a few VE's and had no problems with the lines but the other day a 02 barina lifted almost every line when i removed the film, maybe there's some bad batches of demisters going around im not sure.

in future i will be getting customers to sign a waiver explaining the risks of removing any film from glass with demister or aerial

Archived