VE commodore

maye have a VE ute booked in soon I quoted it today he was keen when he can work out a time to do it.

do door cards need to come , I normally pull them off if I can push the rubber strip down or can the top just be popped off enough ???

anything to look out for when doing them ?

had a bad expirience doing a windscreen in one when they first came out, plastic is brittle thats for sure.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maye have a VE ute booked in soon I quoted it today he was keen when he can work out a time to do it.

do door cards need to come , I normally pull them off if I can push the rubber strip down or can the top just be popped off enough ???

anything to look out for when doing them ?

had a bad expirience doing a windscreen in one when they first came out, plastic is brittle thats for sure.

Pop the top of the door trim on the VE. Two screws. One under a plastic clip at front of trim and the other behind plastic panel under the door release. Pull top up and back.

Door glass needs a little shrinking on bottom like all late model Commodores, otherwise no major dramas.

thanks for the help guys ! he has not called me back yet he must of found a cheaper tinter not that I quoted real high on the job anyway .

keep it all in mind when I do eventually do one !

You got it in one....it's not that you are dearer, it's that the other guy is cheap and that being the operative word.

Devil

Sooo true Devil, so true...

Guest TintsOvOz
Not bad to do but they do have a small felt guard located down inside the door near the lock button that supports the glass as it goes down.

This can crease a newly installed piece of wet film big time when you go to drop the window.

Devil

post-16289-1248871493.jpgpost-16289-1248871509.jpg

Oz.................. :twocents

Guest darkview
Not bad to do but they do have a small felt guard located down inside the door near the lock button that supports the glass as it goes down.

This can crease a newly installed piece of wet film big time when you go to drop the window.

Devil

post-16289-1248871493.jpgpost-16289-1248871509.jpg

Oz.................. :lol6

ive dun two ove here in nz an nun have had the drop giude

ive done a few now , did my first wagon last week, everyone had that felt guide i remove it and then refit once jobs done, it caught me on a clubsport a while back , not what you want when its the last window and customer due to arrive soon haha

Archived