VE commodore

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with the window down its easy to pull out and refit, i use a BTB windscreen clip tool but anything to hook under the U section of it will get it, , when refitting i spray the shiz out of it with my slip so it doesnt peel the tint cause it is kinda tight tog et back in there i found i could insert it to 1 side then slide it over as the inner skin changes where the guide sits.

just refit very last thing so films had a chance to cure a little otherwise it may peel , and its far too tight to refit it with the window up

Work this out Mates.........I had 2 Commodore VE's in today.

The first was a December 2008 Calais sedan which for the first time I had experienced......... this had no guides.

The second was a current R8 Clubsport with guides like all of them so far..........so how does that work?

I did take the R8 pads out and you are right...make sure the film is dry before attemting to reinstall them.

It is a very tight fit indeed.

Devil

all i can put that down to is maybe during their manufacturing the machine or person didn't fit them i think every VE ive done so far has had them and they range from omega, SS,sv6, R8 and malloo and they have all had them.

but yes definately freaking tight , they are less tight with window down as when its fully up the channels seem to push it in and real hard against that guide, give it a few years and the felt will be off those guides and screwing the film on every front window , in saying that my friend has i tihnk 06 sv6 and no scratches on that and i believe it was tinted at the dealer.

give it a few years and the felt will be off those guides and screwing the film on every front window

I wouldn't mind betting you are going to be proved right on that.

Look at that pad and you can easily see how impressioned and squashed the felt is already.

Devil

Work this out Mates.........I had 2 Commodore VE's in today.

The first was a December 2008 Calais sedan which for the first time I had experienced......... this had no guides.

The second was a current R8 Clubsport with guides like all of them so far..........so how does that work?

I did take the R8 pads out and you are right...make sure the film is dry before attemting to reinstall them.

It is a very tight fit indeed.

Devil

This is true. Early VE Holden did not have felt guides, but VE HSV did. Around VE MY9.5 onwards ( around end 2008) all VE, Holden and HSV had this guide fitted. Furthermore, there is no real VE front windup issue if the guide is removed while tinting. (it is so simple to do that it is just plain lazy to throw them out) simply push the plastic towards the front of the door and it will rotate where its metal bracket grabs the top of the inner door skin until it is loose enough to pluck out. re-installation is simply the reverse, put in horizontal and twist back into position (with the window down of course. if you have finished off the window properly then there is no real risk of the wet film being ripped of the glass. And yes, it will be interesting times when that felt wears out... but by then, maybe the guide will be ready to be tossed over your left shoulder. And yes, I have done many, many hundreds of these cars so I know my S**T.

no, the guide pad goes straight back in. If the tint has been squeegeed with sufficient pressure and hopefully also installed with a dedicated mounting solution and not bloody Morning Fresh, then it should be good to go straight away- window down, guide in, seal in and window up, and hopefully not wound down again for a couple of days!

i did another sedan on thursday i tinted the 2 fronts last and reinstalled the guides maybe 10 mins after i did them i sprayed the guide with my slip solution and also sprayed down into the door with it to help it slide a lil more.

Guest darkview

tinted a 08 ve for my boss the other day had retint rear screen right after tinting due to a few hairs in the bottom and when i removed the tint it took part of the heater bars away bear in mind it was only on for 2min max an when i postioned the new 1 on the heater bars moved. in short foreman said we will get away with nek minit owner comes bak next day demanding a new rear screen

Archived