Illinois Tint Law

oldtinter

Guest brakecheck979
so you prefer no tint over legal tint? doesn't sound like something a tinter should be saying.

No I perfer to let the customer decide if they want to take the chance on getting the ticket,

not the shop.. What happen to people having individual responsibility??

Not to mention, Our state is already hurting financially, how the hell are we going to afford

to put testers in all of the Patrol cars for the state of IL ?? We cant even afford to put our

officers in newer cars, much less equipped with all these little goodies?? Like I said, a simple

change in the law, and no one would have to worry about it, we would all be able to do our job

everyone would be much more safe, ( take away 05% tint) on the road !! Dont like it, sorry, just MHO..

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happen to people having individual responsibility??

like having the responsibility of installing film that meets legal specs rather than installing something that you know is illegal for the road? :asshat:

Guest Tint Chick
so you prefer no tint over legal tint? doesn't sound like something a tinter should be saying.

No I perfer to let the customer decide if they want to take the chance on getting the ticket,

Not to mention, Our state is already hurting financially, how the hell are we going to afford

to put testers in all of the Patrol cars for the state of IL ?? We cant even afford to put our

officers in newer cars, much less equipped with all these little goodies?? Like I said, a simple

change in the law, and no one would have to worry about it, we would all be able to do our job

everyone would be much more safe, ( take away 05% tint) on the road !! Dont like it, sorry, just MHO..

I just read this thread, I thought you said you just signed up for one post :asshat:

I just read this thread, I thought you said you just signed up for one post :lol2

like "lay's" potato chips....no one can have just ONE....

I was there from the start. I'm not tootin my own horn either. But YOU SOUND LIKE AN ASS that just wants to complain. YOU were not there. Like others have said, it got complicated. Yes it was suppose to be a film law, NOT a net law. By the time we figured out that others screwed it up it was too late PERIOD.

If you want to make the back as dark as your heart desires, you can. That did not change.

What every one dose not realize is the fact that Representative LaShawn K. Ford (D) from CHicago wrote up a bill that would fine the tinter up to .$500.00 for illegally tinting. This bill went through with no problems. SO if the current law did not change concerning front windows, Every time you tinted any front window on an Illinois car, you would be putting your self at risk for some big fines.

SO STOP THROWING SOME ONE YOU DON'T KNOW UNDER THE BUS FOR SOME THING THEY DID TO HELP OTHERS.

Has anybody heard of House Bill 4769 and Senate Bill 3024? It seems like it would reverse what was already done to get the new tint law. Here is what it reads:

Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Deletes a provision concerning side window tinting on multipurpose passenger vehicles and adds a provision providing that on vehicles where a nonreflective smoked or tinted glass that was originally installed by the manufacturer on the windows to the rear of the driver's seat, a nonreflective tint that allows at least 50% light transmittance may be used on the vehicle windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver. Provides that the use of a nonreflective, smoked, or tinted glass or nonreflective film is not allowed on the window's to the rear of the driver if window treatment has been applied to the windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver. Makes other technical changes. Effective immediately.

just sounds like the bill that they said they would have.....the way the original one was written and the gov had vetoed it was that the MPV was not allowing any tint on the front sides.....

I still say this whole thing is lame with the way it came out. The FACT that the legal wording only allows a total VLT of 30% WITH the 5% variance and the factory glass being around 70% already.....makes for a 43% film for the darkest allowed to get that 35%

Guest tintjam65
I think we helped the industry as whole have the ability to survive and even thrive here in Illinois. I personally think we did a fine job.

You think very highly of yourself dont you??

The law is not all that and a bag of chips, like you lead everyone on to believe..

It is confusing and as much time and effort spent, it should be a simple cut

and dry deal, not this mixed and matched load of Crap..

Do I appreciate the time and effort, yes, but get off the high horse and come back down to earth now..

Am I glad the law changed, Hell NO, this whole thing of ratting, and being a little girl about things is a joke

and something that should not be condoned, it was better before and the shops should NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE !!

But alast, it is changed, and nothing can be done now, it will be a confusing mess, and good hard working people will

be forced out of business, all because a few guys like yourself thought it was a great idea.. Dont bother replying, to this

unless you feel compelled to do so, I signed up just for this one post, and will not b back to follow up, I just couldnt take

all the chest thumping and the 800 gorilla in the room.. Flame on Old Tinter, its what you seem to be good at !!

:lol

So the electrician wiring your new house

The mechanic replacing your rotor and pads

The plumber laying pipe at your new house

The gastro doc going up your azz

All should have the same opinion

:shock

Archived