Illinois Tint Law

oldtinter

No...your math is correct Zrok. +/- 5% variance plus the +/-2% that applies to any meter and you get 28 net. Like I said, to make a big uproar about the language now is not a good idea. If you are that concerned about it, simply go with a 40% film and be done with it. Can anyone(customers) really tell THAT much of a difference in 5% vlt? I don't think so. Either way, it's not worth getting all worked up over because it is a HUGE upgrade to the tinting laws in this state any way you look at it. Stop picking it apart and enjoy. :lol2

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Either way, it's not worth getting all worked up over because it is a HUGE upgrade to the tinting laws in this state any way you look at it. Stop picking it apart and enjoy. :lol2

that's the way I'm looking at it. for the 50% think, I'm using onyx or Charcool 55% (which gets me a little over the 5% tolerance) and I'm using either onx or CH 35% as well.. it's good enough for who it's for.. err.. close enough for government work HAHAHA

enjoy :lol2 and thanks again OT and crew :lol2

Guest brakecheck979
I think we helped the industry as whole have the ability to survive and even thrive here in Illinois. I personally think we did a fine job.

You think very highly of yourself dont you??

The law is not all that and a bag of chips, like you lead everyone on to believe..

It is confusing and as much time and effort spent, it should be a simple cut

and dry deal, not this mixed and matched load of Crap..

Do I appreciate the time and effort, yes, but get off the high horse and come back down to earth now..

Am I glad the law changed, Hell NO, this whole thing of ratting, and being a little girl about things is a joke

and something that should not be condoned, it was better before and the shops should NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE !!

But alast, it is changed, and nothing can be done now, it will be a confusing mess, and good hard working people will

be forced out of business, all because a few guys like yourself thought it was a great idea.. Dont bother replying, to this

unless you feel compelled to do so, I signed up just for this one post, and will not b back to follow up, I just couldnt take

all the chest thumping and the 800 gorilla in the room.. Flame on Old Tinter, its what you seem to be good at !!

well, I just talked to Lenwood Butner, legal for IWFA, and he confirmed my fear of the actual law being a net 35%! So that means all those putting out 35% film will actually be violating the law. Also, the 50% film is NOT going to be a legal film for the front...find a 70% film.

I know that I am going to be losing business with this fact. I know it is better than NOTHING for the front, but I also know that I would not even think of paying someone to put a 50% film on my whole car. 35% looks good and you can see right in well enough most of the time.

That is the VAGUE part. It is a 35% VLT through the combined glass and film combo....

well, I just talked to Lenwood Butner, legal for IWFA, and he confirmed my fear of the actual law being a net 35%! So that means all those putting out 35% film will actually be violating the law. Also, the 50% film is NOT going to be a legal film for the front...find a 70% film.

I know that I am going to be losing business with this fact. I know it is better than NOTHING for the front, but I also know that I would not even think of paying someone to put a 50% film on my whole car. 35% looks good and you can see right in well enough most of the time.

That is the VAGUE part. It is a 35% VLT through the combined glass and film combo....

I have been thinking lately of buying some 70%, but I just don't think anyones going to spend the money for something that light

something like Geoshield IrIs 70 might be a seller or V-kool 70 which will both block a nice amount of heat, but with the cost of the film being around 3 times as much for Geo and even more for V-kool I don't think that it would be an easy sell around here....

something like Geoshield IrIs 70 might be a seller or V-kool 70 which will both block a nice amount of heat, but with the cost of the film being around 3 times as much for Geo and even more for V-kool I don't think that it would be an easy sell around here....

what is the website for either of those films?? I would only want to get either 20 or 24" rolls, I don't think id ever do any back glass with it. just the front windows on cars or trucks. but your right, I had 2 guys last week want me to do 20% to match the back glass on their trucks. I talked them into just doing 50%, but I think alot of people wouldn't want to pay me to bother with such a lite film. 9 out 10 people want atleast 35% on there front windows. But just last week I picked up a roll of some 42%, I layed it up next to my 35 and even I couldn't tell the difference between them. Just to play it safe, I am going to just use this 42 from now on, since your stating that the 35% is net

Guest brakecheck979
:nope:lol Thats the way to do it...Sign up make one post and run away......Sounds like someone may be worried about job security

No, nothing about job security, I rarely do Auto, but have friends that do, and this new law is in fact a JOKE..

I do not want to get into a big drawn out beating of the perverbial dead horse.. Just giving my input, and opinion,

dont like it, sorry.. Better than signing up and kissing ass to try and be a big shot.. Like I said, with the time and effort

put into changing this law, and you can still paint the back black ?? There should be no 05% on any windows other than

a limo or something of commercial nature, not on Personal vehichles.. Nothing darker than 20% on the back and 35% on front

and that would make for a simple change that everyone could live with.. Instead, we have this, OH if you have this, then you can have this,

or if you have that kind of vehichle, you can have this.. Doesnt make it very easy to explain to the average customer, and then to

hold the shop responsible for trying to keep their doors open, when the economy is already bad, doesnt make much since, and is a step backwards IMO..

Archived