PA Tint ( Mailed Ticket)

Guest Kinger124

Guest Kinger124

Is this legal? An officer ( an officer that has harassed my wife for the past 2 years) has mailed my wife a ticket for tint. No traffic stop, no meter, no nothing.

He pointed at her when he was working a construction zone, she received a ticket in the mail a few days later... he has given her 6 tickets the last 2 years. he stopped her everytime tho.

tint isnt even dark. 35%

So is it legal for him to mail a ticket without even stopping her?

Guest tintgod

I dont believe they can hand out a ticket by just looking at it..and saying it is !llegal...but...if it is !llegal then get it fixed and take it to court and it will most likely be dropped if you show you have legal film on your vehicle.

Guest General Sun Shield
Is this legal? An officer ( an officer that has harassed my wife for the past 2 years) has mailed my wife a ticket for tint. No traffic stop, no meter, no nothing.

He pointed at her when he was working a construction zone, she received a ticket in the mail a few days later... he has given her 6 tickets the last 2 years. he stopped her everytime tho.

tint isnt even dark. 35%

So is it legal for him to mail a ticket without even stopping her?

They have done that in Jersey also. My brother in law was "targeted" by an older officer and recived at least 4 in the mail within a year. When he went to court it was known by he judge that they were mailed to him. so I guess it is legal :lol

Im not sure about your state but I have heard that an officer has 30 days to issue a summons after being witness to a violation.

Do not know if its true :beer

In Texas, if an Officer sees a violation, and can get the plate # , it is issued as an "at large" ticket.

On occasion, an Officer will be working a School Zone.

He or She sees a car going much faster than the other traffic through the School Zone, the Officer gets the plate #, makes notes about the incident, and a ticket is issued in the mail, even though no traffic stop was made.

Guest Kinger124

oh trust me, after this hearing we're speaking with the DA about this officer. this isnt the first time he has had harassment charges against him.. about 5 years ago he would sit at the bottom of a friend of mine's street and pull over all of his family members.

he was suspended for a month without pay I beleive when my friend spoke with the DA

Gotcha.. I thought you were from eastern PA,there's a cop around here that actually goes to all the tint shops and tells them that he will ticket customer's cars as they pull out. I have not seen him do this personally but have heard this from others. But he has done the same thing as you describe by not pulling people over & then sending them tickets. :twocents

Archived