Llumar question

Guest crazytinter
I think maybe you might have heard wrong. If Llumar has a patent on their process of of injecting UV inhibitors into the polyester then it's just on the process not on being able to put it in the polyester all together. Other companies can put inhibitors into their polyester they just can't use Llumar's patented process, which may be a better process who knows. Any time a sales rep tells me something I just assume they are stretching the truth and try to figure out if it is true. Onethat I was told by a Llumar rep was that they were the only ones that allowed for ammonia cleaners to be used on their applied film. I still haven't figured out if that is true or not.

He hit the nail on the head. We at JWF have films with uv treated polyester. Also I know of many others that do the same. :poke

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crazytinter
that sheet has llumar vista and gila as there buyers of there chemicals :poke

They are not going to post all the other companies they sell to. That would be shooting them selves in the foot.

They are not going to post all the other companies they sell to. That would be shooting them selves in the foot.

actualy it says they filed for chapter 11 also on that same page...lol....

Guest crazytinter

actualy it says they filed for chapter 11 also on that same page...lol....

Well sadly I can't read links from the office so if I remember I will read it tonight. Have a good one.

I think maybe you might have heard wrong.

I definately didn' hear wrong..but got it from a higher source that itis not true. End of thread :spit

Guest Texstar
I think maybe you might have heard wrong.

I definately didn' hear wrong..but got it from a higher source that itis not true. End of thread :shock

Glad you got you question answered somewhere :spit Care to elaborate or disclose what you found out for sure :spit

Guest vclimber

FIRST... if they are calling the stuff "UV inhibitors" then I would seriously question the validity of everything else that come out of their mouth or keyboard. :spit

Wow I never heard a rep say you could use ammonia on LLumar products and I am fairly sure that has to be false. I have seen what ammonia does to Llumar film. Unfortunately some of our dealerships customers don't get the info from salespeople that they can't use ammonia. I have only seen it on the ATR stuff though. Don't know about any other line

This is exactly what I was told about four years ago by not just one but a few of the sales reps at the no longer in business American Filter Film in Euless, TX (they are apparently a Llumar direct warehouse now.) They said that "Using ammonia on the Llumar products with manufacturer warranty would no longer void the warranty." I haven't heard it uttered since then but I don't use much Llumar except Platinum Plus anyways.

Archived