Llumar question

This sounds good as a selling point against all other films ..can anyone clarify if this is not accurate? This is what a Llumar rep told me is a good selling point and want to confirm or find out otherwise it's accuracy :

Llumar is the only film that has UV inhibitors added to the advesive AS WELL as the polyester which is why it remains more colour stable longer than other brands on the market because they have it only in the adhesive.

Sorry..should have posted this in another area.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sounds good as a selling point against all other films ..can anyone clarify if this is not accurate? This is what a Llumar rep told me is a good selling point and want to confirm or find out otherwise it's accuracy :

Llumar is the only film that has UV inhibitors added to the advesive AS WELL as the polyester which is why it remains more colour stable longer than other brands on the market because they have it only in the adhesive.

I dunno, the only company with the longest track record of maintinign without bubbling, peeling, would be madico, we have long time customers and I still see they're cars that were done in the early ninetys and still looks good.

my experience with madico is that it never bubbles or peels, but fades to clear. it comes off nicely

:bingo lasts amazingly long but when I use to use it colour change and shrinking was my only complaint..but that was in the early 90's

This threads intent was to be focused not on what is the best film overall..just the colour stability in respects to what the UV inhibitors help maintain.

my experience with madico is that it never bubbles or peels, but fades to clear. it comes off nicely

I got a test roll to try out and it was madico! POS film! I installed it for my cousin, with him being young and broke did it next to nothing. well six months later he locked the keys in his car, so he broke the window out "not very smart!" so we went to the junk yard and got a peice of factory glass and retinted it with the same film (madico) it was supposed to be the same or equal to atr...lmao :bingo ...not even close the new peice was black as could be when the door glass was not a tinngy purple, but a barnie purple...this was after 6months! what a joke and cant believe that you can even try to compare it to atr! these cars that you guys tinted and claim it last forever or dont fade? lmao "I bet the cars never see the sun ALWAYS KEPT IN A GARRAGE!" yea so MADICO IS A BIG NO NO around here!!!!!!!! :beer you guys are way to funny

I dunno, the only company with the longest track record of maintinign without bubbling, peeling, would be madico, we have long time customers and I still see they're cars that were done in the early ninetys and still looks good.

MADICO.........LMAO....SURE

most companies do put UV absorbers in the adhesive. UV absorbers are much less stable in the adhesive. CPFilms, as they put it, "impregnate" the film structure with UV absorbers to allow for more stability in blocking UV rays.

Guest scottydosnntkno

MADICO.........LMAO....SURE

Mady has consistently been one of the highest regarded films on this site. Everyone that uses it talks good about it. maybe you had an odd experience?

Guest crazytinter

Hey TintWizard,

That is NOT A TRUE statement. Remember they sell their polyester to other comanies as well.

Archived