Super Glue for minor cuts

If you get a minor cut while tinting and band-aids aren't practical because they will get wet, you can always use a small amount of super glue (ethyl cyanoacrylate) to keep the cut closed and clean until the job is done.

Hold the cut closed and apply a very small amount of super glue along the cut and let it dry. Try to keep the glue on the surface and not in the cut. This works in a pinch, but it may irritate the skin, and should not be used on a deep cut.

There is even an antibacterial version of super glue for this very purpose called Dermabond.

Dermabond.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

hey TD , here's a pic of the thumb I had taped today, I did this some how trimming a edge with my red dot . I figure seeing how I finished the window before I taped it and it's on my drinking hand it should be worth another purple hart ! :nope

:nope

thumb-1.jpg

Guest thatsnappyguy

dermabond is what is used in the emergency room over here for monor cuts. although its much more simple than stiches, it still cost about $500. to close a 1/2 cut. I saved myself about 6 trips to the ER by just using regular krazy glue.

Archived