Moral dilemma

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I didn't even want any of it there but my boss had me order some 20% in a 30% limit state. I told him that it is only legal to have 20 on certain windows of certain vehicles. So what I was afraid of happening happened. !llegal tint jobs :lol

Should I go behind my boss's back to H.R., owner, general manager about whats going on or shut up and do what I'm told.

Tell him what it is. Tell him its his ass on the line not yours. It could mean lawsuits in the future by the dealership for the installation of !llegal film. In Texas, you CANNOT legally sell a car that will not pass state inspection laws.

Real quick, I had a 98 Mustang GT with an off-road H-pipe on it and took it to CarMax for appraisal, and they would do it b/c there was !llegal equipment on it (no cats).

Are you the only installer? Only install on legal applications, did he order it with intent on doing !llegal installs or something to offer folks for options where it is legal?

Stick to your guns but don't pizz off the boss mang if there are easier ways around it.

Guest tint phantom

It's not immoral to install toodark, so your safe. Don't sweat the small stuff. A installer has to be video taped installing it or three or more witnesses implement you as doing so. NEVER CONFESS AS DOING SO and you will be safe. It's the managements problem because they make the orders. I was charged for installing too dark last year, and I was educated about the law a little. When you are facing fines and a law record your on your own cause very few will give support. I still install too dark cause I know how to deal with it now. If the custy's will pay, they can play ! You can see my dilemma on TINT LAWS back in June or July last year, I even got a summons to court. I'm not a bad guy and don't let it bother me any more. The bad guy's are the one's that are ripping off people with shadetree installs for half of what I do them for. summons.jpgspace-station-earth-view.jpg

Archived