Technical question re: complete darkness needed

Guest mikeMN
Spray the glass with bedliner........ :beer

I think he has his own film allready. :cool then you tell him to spray the window with that stuff its to messy the roll on applacation would be less messy but it would be slower. :beer

Black-out will break the glass even if you put it on the outside.

About the only thing you can do, silver outside and black inside and hope the heat absorption is not too much

Guest scottydosnntkno

About the only thing you can do, silver outside and black inside and hope the heat absorption is not too much

Silver 20 on the outside should block more than enough to keep the blackout from getting too much heat, especially on a exterior install since it never even gets through the window. A good silver 20 should be ~75% tser :beer

Put it all on....... :lol Maybe just paint the glass.......would be cheaper.

Definately DO NOT paint the glass..... I have a window at a customers building that a tenant painted black to hide the wall they built on the other side............the inside glass exploded and fell out in chunks!!!!! BAD ADVICE!!!!

Guest Fly Paper

Really? That's odd we install black out and lot's of other colors for years on the exterior and never have a problem with glass breakage! I still say call me and I'll make it and it's less tham MMM white black film.

Really? That's odd we install black out and lot's of other colors for years on the exterior and never have a problem with glass breakage! I still say call me and I'll make it and it's less tham MMM white black film.

I've just installed Black Out film on the interior of a 6mm Toughened Double Pane. It was checked out as OK with Bekaert before application.

Their consultants answer was if its toughened you can put anything on it. so I hope he's right

Guest FilmBlazer

That should be good to go.... All of that input and I didn't see anyone ask the glass strength. That is the single most important factor in any film application when considering film options.

Archived