F-250

Guest aschesh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the old scribbled graphics better... :thumb  Mdog gone all uppity on us. :lol :lol

:lol OT's upset cause he uses a peice of slate and a the side of a cave wall to draw things j/k :lol

are you cutting the film out on the rubber gasket instead of on the glass as if you normally would if you had the black boarder?

on a f250 this is how I cut my pattern.

first I line the factory edge of the tint up with the bottom of the gasket, then at the bottom left hand corner I cut around up the side and around the top and stop where the brakelight is on the rear of the cab, I spray some more solution under the film and move it over a 1/8th inch or so towards the side you just cut, then I continue cutting where I left off at the top by the cab light and down the right side.

when you do this you have made your pattern slightly larger from side to side. the outside diameter of the gasket is bigger than the inside diameter so you really dont have to make it much bigger at all.

another way I do tose is to like the factory edge up at the bottom of the gasket on the outside, then pull the film down a 1/8th inch then proceed cutting the film from one corner to the other, you can make your pattern bigger this way also.

here is a oldschool way to make the pattern bigger, check out my goofy graphic I made :lol

Whats the best way to tint the 250's with a clear back glass and of course the good old ford without the black boarder and not get any light gaps?

this way works on all rubber gasket truck windows. some you dont have to move at all, and some you do, this is a way to use the film you cut instead of making a pattern out of it.

put your film on the glass..DUH :lol

1. start at the center of the corner and cut around the glass all the way to #2 and stop wight in the middle of the corner.

3. lift the film up 1/8th inch and over 1/8th inch.

4 now continue cutting from #4 all the way back up to #5.

you have made your pattern taller and wider doing this. with practice its pretty easy, you might have to move it up and over more than 1/8th oc a inch buy you will figure that out with trial and error. :thumb

Guest carbontc
is it hard to tint an F-250s front driver-side and passanger windows??

[*]88119

I own a 2000 F-350 suber cab, dually.

The hardest part to put the tint on was the side rear passenger windows, because of the 3 dots that hold the glass with the door. It took me nearly an hour to install the tint. It looks beautifull, 15% tinted. If your truck is a 2 door or crewcab 4 doors then it is piece of cake like the fellows said above.

Good luck! :trustme

Archived