Peeling Liner

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if any of You guy's (and Lady's) do this already, but I peel My liner from bottom to top, and this is Why.

IMG00057-20090528-1147.jpg

1) Water runs downhill. If You start Your spray at the top, anything that MAY be on Your peelboard will run onto the film. If You start at the bottom, You can lightly mist the top, with no excess water running onto the film.

2) If, when trying to pull the liner, Your fingernail grabs the film and bends it slightly, its much easier to heat that out at the bottom, instead of the top.

3) Much less likely to pull the film off the glass when pulling the liner.

Well I'll be damned! I've been doing all wrong. But I really dont pull panels to much :thumb

when I peel my FG on an adjacent window I do the same thing to reduce the dirt also :beer

Why would you use another window to peel the liner when doing fg? You cant reverse roll?

I meant to say sometimes. You can't really r/r a 20"x40" piece, its not enough weight to drop :lol6

oh my god :thumb:beer:lol6

Perhaps I am missing something here... Are you removing the entire liner? If so I am going to assume that your a panel puller..

:lol6

Can I offer you a tip then? Instead of pulling the liner from the bottom and working your way up. Turn the piece upside down and pull the liner only 3/4 of the way off the piece. This way you still have the liner on the bottom section of the film that touches the door panel, and prtotecting it from any dirt that maybe on it.

Can I offer you a tip then?

:dunno

I pull the liner all the way off for ease of installation only. No trying to get film AND liner tucked underneath the side gaskets....or when Your pulling the remainder of the liner off, and You peel the film right back off the window a little, allowing air and dust to rush in, or dirt from the side gaskets when You pull the film back out, even a little bit....or the static electricity issue that attracts dust...and on and on. There are a myriad of reasons to pull the entire liner off prior to installing the film on the window. As for the film touching the door panel.....it doesn't. I use a technique taught to Me many years ago, that I have never seen another tinter use. As a matter of fact...that may be My next TOTW candidate! :twocents

Can I offer you a tip then?

:twocents

I pull the liner all the way off for ease of installation only. No trying to get film AND liner tucked underneath the side gaskets....or when Your pulling the remainder of the liner off, and You peel the film right back off the window a little, allowing air and dust to rush in, or dirt from the side gaskets when You pull the film back out, even a little bit....or the static electricity issue that attracts dust...and on and on. There are a myriad of reasons to pull the entire liner off prior to installing the film on the window. As for the film touching the door panel.....it doesn't. I use a technique taught to Me many years ago, that I have never seen another tinter use. As a matter of fact...that may be My next TOTW candidate! :hmmm

oh..I cant wait to see this new technique :dunno

static isnt an issue once you stray water on the film.

Oh, thats right, if its not _________ <--- (insert name here) way, it must be the wrong way. Whatever. I'm confident in My technique, and My end results.....as My paycheck will verify! :hmmm

Archived