Even Bigger PITA Custy

The manager is such a douche! He says it's only one job out of the 40 I've sent you lately. Checked my invoice book, 6 jobs this year! Also, he told me this guy has been through 4 different service writers at the dealer. Obviously he's a major pain.

I am usually the biggest advocate of customer service, but what they are asking for is unreasonable. I would try to talk with the body shop and ask them to work with you and the customer to come up with a solution that makes sense to all parties. I would bend in this situation to keep all parties happy, but not completely bend over.

Good luck. These situations are never fun.

I agree....:krazy

You give an inch they take a mile. Remove ONE job and refund the money, You open yourself up to it happening time and time again. :lol2

Agree completely !

I see where they could tell customers to give it a try for a month, if they don't like it, no prob. It can be removed and their $$ refunded.

Do it one time, you set a precedent for the future.

Guest Sunlimited

Had one lady who was so adament about not wanting to see the edge on the front bumper, yet didn't want to pay to have the whole hood wrapped. We tried and her husband tried to talk her out of ppf all together because we all knew she'd never be happy. Sure enough she came to pick it up, wasn't happy and we removed it...No refund though, she wanted a discount but we explained that everyone that was present tried to talk her out of it, the work was done, and it was her decision. She later called to tell us that we stole her handicapped tag....About a week later got an apology call from her husband, #1 for her attitude, and #2 for the tag, turns out it was in her bag in the trunk of the car..

The manager is such a douche! He says it's only one job out of the 40 I've sent you lately. Checked my invoice book, 6 jobs this year! Also, he told me this guy has been through 4 different service writers at the dealer. Obviously he's a major pain.

I am usually the biggest advocate of customer service, but what they are asking for is unreasonable. I would try to talk with the body shop and ask them to work with you and the customer to come up with a solution that makes sense to all parties. I would bend in this situation to keep all parties happy, but not completely bend over.

I agree but it's going to be a hard one to work out with the customer going through service writers so fast at the dealership. I just love um for sending us work that they know the customer is a pain :lol2

So did the body shop bake the paint before you applied? Could damage the paint doing the removal and if it goes that far you don't want to be responsible.

I have been bent over to many times by this type customer over the years but.................. What to do :lol2

I agree but it's going to be a hard one to work out with the customer going through service writers so fast at the dealership. I just love um for sending us work that they know the customer is a pain :lol2

So did the body shop bake the paint before you applied? Could damage the paint doing the removal and if it goes that far you don't want to be responsible.

I have been bent over to many times by this type customer over the years but.................. What to do :cool

That is the problem. It is difficult to figure out how to provide good customer service and not be taken advantage of in these situations. If the body shop was sending 100 jobs to you a year, it might be worth it to just grin and bare it. The last thing you would want to do is take a stand with a good customer and end up losing the business. If you did 100 jobs at $600 per year and had to eat this one. You lose that $600 + the labor to remove, but retain the $59,400 in business that is coming in. In this example, the dealer is on rate to provide 12 jobs. Using the $600 as a reference, you would be grossing $7200 and being asked to eat $600 + labor for that one job. That might be harder top swallow, but I would still try to work something out.

I once worked with a guy that was famous for immediately saying "were not doing that!" any time a problem arose. I disagree completely with this mindset and think an effort should always be made to find a win-win solution. Sometime you win more customers by how you handle that one bad situation than you do by doing 100 jobs with no issues. :lol2

The car is brand new, no repaint and red with Venture so you know how nice it looks. Sorry no pics, but I have mad skills LOL, only one other custy in the last 10 years of PPF has been like this. One guy from the shop referred to it as a warranty issue :lol2 Right. Still no word back from the shop yet, so we'll see.

Archived