Getting Glass Completely Clean

Today I tinted a Honda CR-V and had some problems getting the Glass completely clean. It seemed like I would always somehow end up with one little spec of dirt underneath. Anyone got any tips on how to get all the pieces of dirt from the corners and stuff like that? Please help me out Thanks!

I think its more in the way you handle the film than anything. Of course, a clean window is a start. Using alot of solution helps flush away any strays towards the bottom. But the top edge is where it all counts. You cant touch the adhesive side, and keep it rinsed right to the end. I usually drape it over my arm and rinse it right before putting it up. I tint outside when its calm and my work is just as clean no matter where I am.

Lots of rinsing, dont touch it, and squeege it out all the way each time. Halfway pressed out edges suck dirt back in.

Wash your hands. Wash the car. Youll figure out whats best for you at some point.

Thats my two cents.

I think its more in the way you handle the film than anything. Of course, a clean window is a start. Using alot of solution helps flush away any strays towards the bottom. But the top edge is where it all counts. You cant touch the adhesive side, and keep it rinsed right to the end. I usually drape it over my arm and rinse it right before putting it up. I tint outside when its calm and my work is just as clean no matter where I am.

Lots of rinsing, dont touch it, and squeege it out all the way each time. Halfway pressed out edges suck dirt back in.

Wash your hands. Wash the car. Youll figure out whats best for you at some point.

Thats my two cents.

thanks! also, whats this sequence yall are talking about? I just wash the windows with windex or a cleaner then I razor blade them then use my sprayer and flush all the crud away from the gaskets. What else am I missing?

Thats my two cents.

thanks! also, whats this sequence yall are talking about? I just wash the windows with windex or a cleaner then I razor blade them then use my sprayer and flush all the crud away from the gaskets. What else am I missing?

Do you squeegee the "crud" away or flush it with water?

To prep window I spray the top edge and wipe 3 times, flush out moldings and wipe them, razor clean window, squeegee window clean and wipe edges. Before install I spray slip solution 1 or 2 inches from top edge and a 2 inches from side molding(I never spray in the molding).

Like mentioned earlier, you can get contamination during install. When you install, make sure you squeegee 2" to 3" inches of the long side of the window in ONE downward stroke( I use teflon card). This will prevent debris from leaking under film that has not been squeegeed, which happens if you squeegee long side in steps horizontally. Also, install quick, if it takes more than a couple minutes to get the window up and tuck film, you're taking to long.

Archived