bmw 520

Guest Paudraic

Guest Paudraic
no such animal as a 2005 520. is it a 525? The 525 has numerous control modules in the drivers side rear quarter panel, also there may be one in the flat bottom of the trunk. What is not working?

done car about week half ago , came bout half hour after we done jod saying his air bag lights and selat belt light were staying on then phoned today saying his ecu had problems with water engine not starting now .

What is the correct year and model? The E60 model 04-05 5 series were notorious for seatmat occupancy detector problems. I think there was even a recall for that causing the airbag light to come on. I don't think I have ever heard of water issues from tint on one of those. Easy to tell, pull the plug and check for corrosion. Good Luck

Will there be any problem if I unplug it , sorry for sounding silly but never had a problem like this before.

Thanks, :rollin

Guest Paudraic
no such animal as a 2005 520. is it a 525? The 525 has numerous control modules in the drivers side rear quarter panel, also there may be one in the flat bottom of the trunk. What is not working?

done car about week half ago , came bout half hour after we done jod saying his air bag lights and selat belt light were staying on then phoned today saying his ecu had problems with water engine not starting now .

What is the correct year and model? The E60 model 04-05 5 series were notorious for seatmat occupancy detector problems. I think there was even a recall for that causing the airbag light to come on. I don't think I have ever heard of water issues from tint on one of those. Easy to tell, pull the plug and check for corrosion. Good Luck

Will there be any problem if I unplug it , sorry for sounding silly but never had a problem like this before.

Thanks, :rollin

sorry forgot to mention its an e60

Is engine ecu unit not under bonnet at driver side.

I know this is an old thread but I have had 3 BMW's all 5 series have an airbag light come on right after tinting the car and it says something on the screen about the saftybelt tensioner malfunction on the passenger side. The last one went back to the dealer and they covered it under warranty but really just had to reset the light. I believe that it is related to tinting so I now warn customers of these that we aren't going to be responsible for paying to have lights turned off.

Guest bowde001

The air bag light would need to be turned off by a handheld diagnostic tool or by a main dealer diagnostic machine. The water from the rear window may be getting into air bag plugs.

Guest tint325i

i find it hard to believe that you are at fault, i have tinted more e60s than i can remember, never once had a water ingress problem, had it once on a 7 series, rear speaker amp, and once on an m3, control module for rear suspension, but never on a 5 series

Archived