Computer cut precuts

Guest AFdude

I tinted my own windows back in 89 on a s-10 pu. in my dads garage, before I ever thought about getting professionally trained to do this. I still remember how it looked.

light gaps, hairs, dirt, creases. its fun to do your own work to your vehicle but dont think its going to come out like a pro job even if its pre-cut. :lol

the tacomas doors are easy to tint, the backglass is another story.'

give it a try and let us know how it turns out. also keep the tint legal.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
but you can still tell a little difference between mine and a professional job

I bet it looks like ASS.

you got that right. it only looks like a "little" different to him because he sees the satisfaction of doing it himself.

Guest thetintshop

computer cut blows. waste of money IMO. it's only good for cutting patters and selling on ebay for the DIYer who has seen someone tint and thinks it's an easy job.

Guest metint
I guess it doesn't hurt to try so he will know how difficult it is to tint.  Just be prepared to waste the money that you spend on the pre-cut film.

I don't believe computer cut films are 100% accurate.    Since you are planning on installing it yourself, there is no warranty for the film but if you bring it to a professional, we will give you a warranty because we are authorized to install the film.

:thumb

Guest metint
computer cut blows. waste of money IMO. it's only good for cutting patters and selling on ebay for the DIYer who has seen someone tint and thinks it's an easy job.

:thumb2

Guest GeorgiaTinter

Getting just the 2 front windows tinted by a pro may end up being more affordable than you think. Have you called a local tinter for a quote? You can call now or call after you've bottched up the computer cut tint. Take it from a former AFDude (if that does stand for Air Force) Go pro.

Guest Rick Stiles

we use tint tek technology at my workplace. most of the time the computer cuts are very accurate and sometimes they suck. So I would prefer my own cuts!

Ive been using tint tek 90% of the patterns work just fine. if you are doing alot of the same type of car it definitely saves time about 15 min per car. in my book that equals an extra car per day

more cars = more money = more better

so what if there slightly off I have never had a customer say they were unhappy with the way the computer cuts it only I could tell.

In fact I get the opposite reaction from cust they think that the computer must cut the film perfect and that cutting each one by hand would be innaccurate.

:lol:rollin

Archived