Dry Shrinking Back Window

My biggest challenge shrinking back windows are the corners. I can shrink the middle top and bottom pretty easily except for the corner because of the extreme curve. The finger are so big that when I try to heat it up a little bit, it usually creases. Are there any way I can make it easier on myself to be able to the shrink the corner better. Any advice is appreciated.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

lift and pull the top.. do a search for it.

I like to curl the bottom edge a lil, it helps the film lift off the glass. then I go back to the middle and move across back and forth all the way down.

Guest fredstinting

when I shrink the cornes on a curved window after middle is done I take the area and move the film around ( left to right) with my hand make the film lay flater on the window and heat it up and with my hand to smooth it out and then heat it up some more smooth it out again untile the corners are done being shrunk

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0268.jpg

when I shrink the cornes on a curved window after middle is done I take the area and move the film around ( left to right) with my hand make the film lay flater on the window and heat it up and with my hand to smooth it out and then heat it up some more smooth it out again untile the corners are done being shrunk

Isn't that a Hyundai Azera? Not a hard car by any means, but why do you cut around the 3rd brake light? There's plenty of room to get the film down behind it. Or is it illegal to tint over it in your state?

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0268.jpg

Guest mikeMN
Why dont you cover the customer trunk lid with something instead of setting your tools on the paint job? dunno.gif

I NEVER set my tools on a customers paint.

:bingo and I see that all the time :nono

Archived