Dry Shrinking Back Window

Guest tintguy31707

it might help YOU.

Do your H

Start in the center with the tunnels,

do your best to push as much of those corner tunnels towards the center....

don't heat the same spot too much... if the tunnel is still there move it over slightly..

Start in the center and pull as much of it over there as you can ... you might try redistributing some of the tunnels to the top if possible...

wow why is it so hard to speak how to do something... I could have finished the window by now lol.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mo Evo
thats the way the customer wants it is not the car you think it is but it is a hyundia sonata

So it isn't an Azera but it's not a Sonata either...the quarter glass is on the door on those. So it's gotta be an Elantra.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Just practice practice practice! just like stan says! And on the corners keep moving film towards the middle of the window but not so much u end up creasing it! push a lil shrink push a lil shrink! then shrink the left over left in the corner! Divide and conquer as stan says for wet. Same with dry. Once you get it u never forget it! but sounds like your film has reached its shrinking point! by that I mean it wont shrink anymore without creasing or melting! so try some new film if at all possible some shrink more than others. And some faster than others!

Guest Apocalypse
lift and pull the top.. do a search for it.

I like to curl the bottom edge a lil, it helps the film lift off the glass. then I go back to the middle and move across back and forth all the way down.

It is hard to tell from the pictures, but did the small creases lay flat on the inside?

Guest Apocalypse

Make sure you heating the film evenly and get a good "groove" going for lack of words. I like to heat ahead of my hand and just keep moving from the left center to the right like a typewriter. That has helped me decrease mistakes and my time.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Make sure you heating the film evenly and get a good "groove" going for lack of words. I like to heat ahead of my hand and just keep moving from the left center to the right like a typewriter. That has helped me decrease mistakes and my time.

:coffee I get much better results with the side to side as opposed to the little bit at a time in sections

Well everyone hear knows im a "newbie" also, but I can safely say Im pretty confident in heat shrinking any back window, I have more problems with the sides than I do with the back windows...weird I know :lol2 But I would strongly recommend doing this and maybe it would help..I clean back window, spray a couple bounty dryer sheets wipe it down, lay the tint on the window, go through the center of the window with a squeege to tack it down to the window, then with your hand push the fingers away from the corners and then squeege them down as well so that the center is now tacked down along with your corners, so before you even start heat shrinking the window all your fingers should be away from the corners and more toward the center, then begin your heat shrinking, you should be fine! Hope it helps a little bit for ya, try looking up the way others do it on youtube.com, helped me alot also

Talk to ya soon

Guest VaTinterPMan
when I shrink the cornes on a curved window after middle is done I take the area and move the film around ( left to right) with my hand make the film lay flater on the window and heat it up and with my hand to smooth it out and then heat it up some more smooth it out again untile the corners are done being shrunk

Isn't that a Hyundai Azera? Not a hard car by any means, but why do you cut around the 3rd brake light? There's plenty of room to get the film down behind it. Or is it illegal to tint over it in your state?

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0268.jpg

Film looks purple and you havn't even installed it yet much less sun hitting it. And is that a little crease next to the brake light in the second picture. Film just looks funny color wise.

Archived