toyota recalls

do your customers a favor and warn them about the recall on these model of cars:

2007 – 2010 Camry

2005 – 2010 Avalon

2004 – 2009 Prius

2005 – 2010 Tacoma

2007 – 2010 Tundra

2007-2010 ES 350

2006-2010 IS 250 and IS350

tell the customer to remove their driver side floormat until they have their vehicle inspected by their dealer.

ive known about this for a while but it is now an official recall.

in san diego a chp officer, his wife, her brother and his daughter were killed in a car accident because the gas pedal was stuck down because it lodged itself into the ribs of an all weather floor mat. the vehicle was a lexus GS350. the even worse part was it was a loaner vehicle from a lexus dealer. the officer could not slow down and ran off the freeway at over 120mph and the vehicle caught fire.

Guest scottydosnntkno
do your customers a favor and warn them about the recall on these model of cars:

2007 – 2010 Camry

2005 – 2010 Avalon

2004 – 2009 Prius

2005 – 2010 Tacoma

2007 – 2010 Tundra

2007-2010 ES 350

2006-2010 IS 250 and IS350

tell the customer to remove their driver side floormat until they have their vehicle inspected by their dealer.

ive known about this for a while but it is now an official recall.

in san diego a chp officer, his wife, her brother and his daughter were killed in a car accident because the gas pedal was stuck down because it lodged itself into the ribs of an all weather floor mat. the vehicle was a lexus GS350. the even worse part was it was a loaner vehicle from a lexus dealer. the officer could not slow down and ran off the freeway at over 120mph and the vehicle caught fire.

man this has been all over the news. I can't believe they're having a recall over it.

If your gas pedal is stuck to the floor, I don't think the first thing you would do is call 911 and stay on the phone for several minutes. Wouldn't you attempt to see why it is stuck? or put the car in neutral, or turn off the car, or step on the brakes? Most cars are designed so that the brakes can overpower the engine in the event of an emergency.

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Really its for any make or model that either the floormats are doubled up or they don't have a retainer. I saw the aftermath of the lexus that started this recall. The worst part was one of the passengers called 911 before they wrecked and blew up. This is not the manufactures fault but obviously needs addressed.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Really its for any make or model that either the floormats are doubled up or they don't have a retainer. I saw the aftermath of the lexus that started this recall. The worst part was one of the passengers called 911 before they wrecked and blew up. This is not the manufactures fault but obviously needs addressed.

:dunno plus, as far as I've ever seen toyota has those little hooks for all the driver side mats :dunno

yes its bad what happened, but I don't see how "removing the floormats and not putting them back" is something that toyota needs to do since it wasn't their fault

Guest scottydosnntkno
I do feel sad for the family. I don't understand why they didn't put the car in neutral.

:dunno or turn it off, or put on the ebrake or regular brakes

they have enough time for a 2 minute 911 call though

Neutral and shut the car off... leave the key turned so the wheel doesn't lock. Not that complicated.

Would not use the ebrake though. Not the brightest idea.

So are they discontinuing that type of floormat? Is that the recall? And destroying the ones they get back in?

Archived