rear plastic windows on convertables

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When someone asks can it be tinted - Can it be done? is there any other options or do you just tell them that its not possible and just send them away?

Can't be done! Same goes for PlexiGlass and Bulletproof glass, they outgas and will push the tint off.

I did a 03 Mustang vert and during the install/cleaning the glue broke loose is spots along where the canvas edge meets the glass. Luckily this stang was kinda beat up or I would of expected a call from the custy to replace the top. I'm gonna say no to verts for now.

Guest tint51
When someone asks can it be tinted - Can it be done? is there any other options or do you just tell them that its not possible and just send them away?

Can't be done! Same goes for PlexiGlass and Bulletproof glass, they outgas and will push the tint off.

WOW ! Did not now that... :lol2

Is that true it outgases enough to push tint off...?

I believe it outgases but to push off... :lol2

Guest scottydosnntkno

WOW ! Did not now that... :lol2

Is that true it outgases enough to push tint off...?

I believe it outgases but to push off... :bingo

"push off" as in it'll bubble the film. It won't literally push it off :beer

You can use the perferated vynal (view thru)! If you have a digital printer or know someone who does you can print out solid back and then apply it on the outside after you make a stencil for each window! Save your stencils for like the next Jeep or back glass on say a convertible BMW!

Guest scottydosnntkno
You can use the perferated vynal (view thru)! If you have a digital printer or know someone who does you can print out solid back and then apply it on the outside after you make a stencil for each window! Save your stencils for like the next Jeep or back glass on say a convertible BMW!

:bingo thats a good idea. You can buy all black perf though can't you?

Archived