RV glass problem

So I go and give a guy an estimate on a relatively new RV. It has all dual pane glass in it and they are factory tinted like a 20 - 25% charcoal color. Both panes are tempered but I am worried about seal failure. But isn't what is already on there bad for it?

Anyone run into this or know anything about it? I called four film reps and none of them have heard of dual pane glass tinted like that. They all said to go for it and it will be fine but they can't warranty it....

Guest A-Class Window Tint
So I go and give a guy an estimate on a relatively new RV. It has all dual pane glass in it and they are factory tinted like a 20 - 25% charcoal color. Both panes are tempered but I am worried about seal failure. But isn't what is already on there bad for it?

Anyone run into this or know anything about it? I called four film reps and none of them have heard of dual pane glass tinted like that. They all said to go for it and it will be fine but they can't warranty it....

You will be fine! I have tinted several of these and have never had a problem! Also, Llumar has no problem with the warranty!

Sometimes its best to go after the tech guys for a straight deal. Its who I call when I don't know.

I know we have a universal email automotive@bekaert.com for tech questions and they reach whomever in tech services is avail to respond. Comes in handy when the rep doesn't know.

RV's IG units really have no seal failure coverage fom manufacturer so why would a film company step up?

Good point. I kind of wondered if they even have a warranty now. These windows seem like a collection of bad ideas... Maybe I should run away.

Sometimes its best to go after the tech guys for a straight deal. Its who I call when I don't know.

I know we have a universal email automotive@bekaert.com for tech questions and they reach whomever in tech services is avail to respond. Comes in handy when the rep doesn't know.

The Bekaert rep called his tech department and so did the Madico rep. They both said to go for it but I don't like that they won't back me up if something does happen. They sound like expensive windows. The other two reps told me no, don't do.

They all also said that they hadn't heard of them with as dark of a charcoal tint as I described. It definitely was there, though, and it wasn't a film.

Guest scottydosnntkno
RV's IG units really have no seal failure coverage fom manufacturer so why would a film company step up?

Good point. I kind of wondered if they even have a warranty now. These windows seem like a collection of bad ideas... Maybe I should run away.

theres no need to run away, RVs are easy money, usually.

Since their already tinted that dark, obviously they don't have problems with glass breakage(plus the tempered) and even though their DP, are you SURE their sealed? Maybe their just spaced with somewhat of a seal for a little extra insulation U-value. Like was said, with all the movement and shifting, I find it hard to believe that the seals would stay sealed for very long, if they even are at all.

Archived