tips 90 accord 2dr????

Guest Tintzel

not enough experience shrinking for one tack down sides only?

it's not an impossible car to shrink..

use your dryer sheets or soap, or what have you.. then do your H pattern to tack down the film... sides and horizontally across the middle...

imagine dividing your film (from the center, and horizontally) into 2 or 3 inch sections.. like really far apart spaced defroster lines... (remember I said imagine, that means visualize)

now apply your heat. begin from the center of the film ... CENTER... work your way towards the passenger side. keep in mind only paying attention to the first 2 inches below the horizontal center line. (make sense ??)

once you get to the passenger side edge, repeat on the next lowest 2" section. working all the way to the edge.. repeat.. repeat.. once you've made it all the way to the bottom, and got the bottom right hand 1/4 of the window shrunk, do the same for the top right hand 1/4 of the window.. horizontal (imagined) lines.. working on 2" strips from the center to the edge until the film is done.

remember, when you cut your film, your pattern will be BIGGER on the inside than what you cut on the outside. so for those defroster tabs, cut them about 1/8" larger towards the inside... I.e. leave a 1/8" light gap on the inside (not the top or bottom) and they'll fit just right :inot

I hope this helps :fdup

Guest Tintzel

use your dryer sheets or soap, or what have you.. then do your H pattern to tack down the film... sides and horizontally across the middle...

imagine dividing your film (from the center, and horizontally) into 2 or 3 inch sections.. like really far apart spaced defroster lines... (remember I said imagine, that means visualize)

now apply your heat. begin from the center of the film ... CENTER... work your way towards the passenger side. keep in mind only paying attention to the first 2 inches below the horizontal center line. (make sense ??)

once you get to the passenger side edge, repeat on the next lowest 2" section. working all the way to the edge.. repeat.. repeat.. once you've made it all the way to the bottom, and got the bottom right hand 1/4 of the window shrunk, do the same for the top right hand 1/4 of the window.. horizontal (imagined) lines.. working on 2" strips from the center to the edge until the film is done.

remember, when you cut your film, your pattern will be BIGGER on the inside than what you cut on the outside. so for those defroster tabs, cut them about 1/8" larger towards the inside... I.e. leave a 1/8" light gap on the inside (not the top or bottom) and they'll fit just right :D

I hope this helps :fdup

thanks!

remember, when you cut your film, your pattern will be BIGGER on the inside than what you cut on the outside. so for those defroster tabs, cut them about 1/8" larger towards the inside... I.e. leave a 1/8" light gap on the inside (not the top or bottom) and they'll fit just right :)

I hope this helps :inot

thanks!

remember, when you cut your film, your pattern will be BIGGER on the inside than what you cut on the outside. so for those defroster tabs, cut them about 1/8" larger towards the inside... I.e. leave a 1/8" light gap on the inside (not the top or bottom) and they'll fit just right :twocents

I hope this helps :twocents

Very nice walk through :bingo

Archived