plotter media basket

blade

instead of spending the $625 everyone wants for a media basket for my graphtec I decided to make my own. I used some old conduit that I had laying around here. I cut the conduit into 4 ft lengths, then I used a 48" x 65" piece of black screen (your basic window or storm door type of screen) and attached each end to the conduit. nothing special. I re-enforced the screen with some black burco tape then cut slots through the tape and screen to run black tie-straps through to attach the screen to the conduit.

for the front of the plotter I used media roller mounts that came off my old roland plotter. they screwed right in to my graphtec stand. for the rear of the plotter I initially used the media rollers that came on the graphtec, but it wasn't wide enough so I used some more conduit to make my own mounts for it. ( a longer piece of the conduit on each side for mounting the front AND rear could be used....but in my case I had the roland stands already.)

not too shabby for a lowly window tinter :lol2 works great. no more having a towel or plastic on the floor to keep film and vinyl clean. :nope

IMG_2990.jpg

the conduit I wrapped in the black burco tape just to give it a nicer look.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice!

grrrr..

I hate them darn things! they get in the way much more than they are use-full...but then I never leave my plotter unattended as its cutting..unless its vynal...it seems as its alot higher up than mine and no where as wide(from front to rear) depth either way..

good craftsmanship though!

my floor is painted and its cleaner though...lol

Blade that is a very good idea with the screen. And as far as for you Jeff if you start doing large graphics you will need something to catch the film as it will travel through back and forth through the plotter. But before you attempt large ones you need to step up your multiple piece overlaying skills as in this pic of yours I would say this would be unacceptable craftsmanship in my book I mean look at it as it is not even close to being lined up with all the uneven clear gaps and film over other film or possibly you may be in need of an eye exam as you may be in need of the use of sum spectacles as in eye glasses :hump . I do not normally :bingo on others work but with as many pics of this thing you have floating around on here of this thing, I just had to say something about it so keep practicing.

jeffr.jpg

Blade that is a very good idea with the screen. And as far as for you Jeff if you start doing large graphics you will need something to catch the film as it will travel through back and forth through the plotter. But before you attempt large ones you need to step up your multiple piece overlaying skills as in this pic of yours I would say this would be unacceptable craftsmanship in my book I mean look at it as it is not even close to being lined up with all the uneven clear gaps and film over other film or possibly you may be in need of an eye exam as you may be in need of the use of sum spectacles as in eye glasses :hump . I do not normally :bingo on others work but with as many pics of this thing you have floating around on here of this thing, I just had to say something about it so keep practicing.

jeffr.jpg

lmao...coming from yo mikei would exspect nothing else but negativity...you will always be a hack...you fat bass...lol....still you should look at the real logo and how it has almost like a shading of white threw the logo.....this hasnt even been attatch to glass, so it unfininshed...

images.jpg

bye the way I roll the film up as it comes off my plotter....large graphics needs no catch diaper...lmoa

:hump Just the other day I cut 20ft long ¼” strips 100 of them so you are telling me that you would stand there and keep rolling it up as it comes back through :bingo ???

bye the way I roll the film up as it comes off my plotter....large graphics needs no catch diaper...lmoa

:hump Just the other day I cut 20ft long ¼” strips 100 of them so you are telling me that you would stand there and keep rolling it up as it comes back through :bingo ???

been done before "YES I WOULD" with tint..... not vynal though

Guest tintguy31707

Nice Idea on the media catcher although I can get some good ones around here for less than $100... I don't use the catchers though, I put a rug in front of the plotter... Not poking when I say this, but my floor is a lot cleaner than yours in the pic. I never really got the hang of using a catcher ... never had a problem with it running onto the rug I've got on concrete.

Archived