M6 Convertable

Naples Tint Company

alot of people have problems with the front doors peeling. we remove the panels. theres on phillips in the front hole for the a/c one torx behind the handle and two behind the chrome piece below the arm rest. that chrome piece piece pops straight out. the rest of the panel has clips along the top and sides. the gasket take off slow and hang off the back end dont fully remove it.

we just remove the front screw, pop em back and remove the lower gasket

true most all bmws are like this. ive never really remove the gaskets on these till we had one come back 3 times with peeling. I still dont know what was causing it. was my first 6 panel removal ill be keep it minimal from now on

Guest tint325i

I do loads of bmws they are my biggest customer, all bmw panels almost the same I take them all off, as you say just a couple of screws and then its all clips, you,ve got them off in seconds once your familiar with them, pointless on the mini tho as the gasket doesnt come out even with the panel off, also on 1 and 3 series you need to get that gasket out on the rears to trim the rubber strip off, tbh the glass just pops out after that anyway if you want to do them out, on the 1, 3, and 5 series its just 2 pushclips on front drops the X5 has 2 8mm bolts I think, use your olfa to cut the black sealant around door membrane, dont cut the foam!! cut along top and about half way down front and back and fold the foam down to get access, this way the sealant will stick back to itself when your finished and the door wont leak water, if you cut the sealant along the bottom or cut the foam itself your risking water leaking into cabin, had a couple of X5s do this so I only cut from the top now

Guest customcuttinting

2012 6 series convertable narrow back glass, I put top down, and roll up back window, but goes up only 2/3 way, anyone know how to trip this so it goes up all the way? Or gasget removal perhaps? New at the 2012 bmw 6 series.

Archived