08 328i scratching?

eastcoastfloyd

Did a 08 Bmw 328i about 10 months ago and the guy just came back today and all 4 windows were scratched looks like from the seals. Looks just like the problems with the mustangs and dodge rams, ect. The seals do have felt on them though so what should I do? Will BMW do anything or is their not much I can do?

Did a 08 Bmw 328i about 10 months ago and the guy just came back today and all 4 windows were scratched looks like from the seals. Looks just like the problems with the mustangs and dodge rams, ect. The seals do have felt on them though so what should I do? Will BMW do anything or is their not much I can do?

I got slagged for being a hack last time I mentioned this.. The only way to fix it is to chop off the hard plastic part of the gasket, I know it sounds bad but it's the only way. I contract to a BMW dealer and it was these guys that told me to do it! I have tinted more beemers than you can poke a stick at with no complaints about scratchy tint. He'll I've seen used 3 series with scratches on the glass from dirt getting trapped between the gasket and glass...

I got slagged for being a hack last time I mentioned this.. The only way to fix it is to chop off the hard plastic part of the gasket, I know it sounds bad but it's the only way. I contract to a BMW dealer and it was these guys that told me to do it! I have tinted more beemers than you can poke a stick at with no complaints about scratchy tint. He'll I've seen used 3 series with scratches on the glass from dirt getting trapped between the gasket and glass...

(meant to say hell not he'll, damn iPhone thinks it knows better grammer!!)

forgot to mention you need to remove the gasket to perform the chop off. It's easy, no screws just release the top of the door panel by giving it a sharp pull towards you and lever the gasket out gently so you don't bend it, you will see the hard plastic part that is causing the scratching, chop the hole hard bit off with your trusty olfa. Job done, except you will need to retint the doors obviously.

the top gasket sweep has felt....the bottom one doesn't. felt the bottom one and you're golden. no need to "hack" out the gaskets. :beer

Felt don't last five minutes here in Australia. Too hot, just falls off...

Guest tint325i

cut them off!!! I do it in scotland and its feckin freezin here! do it all the time with no complaints, bmw are my biggest customer, had a shot of the new m power x5 the other day, beast!!

Archived