Possible bright side for the future of tinting?

Basic models on the FORDS over in the UK now have PRIVACY GLASS from the factory,... So no, I dont think its good news for us... or you..

Your saying the Ford CARS have a tint on all the windows ? Dep enough a tint that it satisfies the consumer ? If that is tue , then yes , I agree it's not good news if it becomes a standard option ..I just never really figured it would because not everyone likes tinted windows, therefore they wouldn't tint them right from the factory ..but then again they already do it to SUV's and trucks so who knows :beer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all windows are tinted, just behind the b post, and not on all models.

But, Base models like the FORD KA, cheapest ford for the european markets, have the option of Privacy Glass. Most people have this option, and all demos and ones in showroom are tinted. Privacy Glass for these is around £100, but normall part of a "sweetner" deal

Guest VaTinterPMan

I thought it was a Federal Regulation that cars cant be tinted anymore than 70% -/+ % points here in the US. Anyone know of this regulation? Ill do some checking around.

the cars that I actually like are the above stated fusions, and the new malibus. those things are actually nice now. but I hate the malibu cuz sometimes the foam on the rear window is exposed and we have to pull the deck.

ive done a couple of the new kia fortes and those things are nice. around here hyundais are everywhere. true not many genesis' but sonatas and elantras are up there with the corollas.

dont get me wrong I give ford props for actually doin something. look at GM, how many billions have they gotten? how many people were rehired?

I thought it was a Federal Regulation that cars cant be tinted anymore than 70% -/+ % points here in the US. Anyone know of this regulation? Ill do some checking around.

That reason alone along with all the different state and provincial laws , I just don't see it happening on cars ...In North America :beer

Guest VaTinterPMan

True TW but lots of the factory tint on Suvs and trucks already break the law in some or a lot of states so what stops them from doing it for cars? cause its legal from factory and I hate that. Something legal for suvs but not cars, BS! Privacy is Privacy, cops scared that 4 people in a car could hurt him more than 8 or nine people in a BLACKEDOUT SUV.

I think they could get away with doing 50% all around, but bad for us I know, but than thats when we get to step in and say that the factory tint doesnt protect you 99.9 % from all the rays of the sun.

I have a buddy who works at the port for toyota and they tint all the cars right there at the port..he says they dont even shrink..all they have to do is clean and stick...I'm kinda glad since toyota has the worse design in the rubber seals that I've seen on any car...no felt what so ever and after a couple days in 100 degree weather the rubber melts to the glass...

I'm glad that ford is stepping up since they are across the street and I do alot of cars for them. the best thing here is that ford, lincoln, and mercury have all moved into one dealer :beer been like that for about 6 months now

JEFFREY APPROVED

fordlogo3d.jpg

What? tinting the toyotas there right off the boat? No way! They must not be doing the back glass/s too then. I think hes giving you a line of bs. Go around and look at the toyota dealerships in next few days and see if they are tinted or not. If not than hes feeding you a line. Something just doesnt seem right with that.

no he is for real and says they are preshrunk. the doors and rear glass he says has a type of line threw the side doors where they have ran the film threw something like a over or iron press...this kid isnt the type to lie...I know that one of the biggest toyota dealer had a tint shop at his dealership like what most are doing? im not afraid because I rather tint other types of cars than a toyota or lexus for that matter!

they are for a fact they are digi stamped under the front doors..

Guest scottydosnntkno
Everyones sales were down in 2009 though for us here in the USA, economy sucked! But big difference scotty is that with hyundai over here is just a extra for them, They are like toyota but over in Korea and other parts of the world over there. Thats were they make there major money at.

ford was up 33% the last quarter though, more than any other manny in the US or international.

The same could be said for any car company though, that their international says are just extra. Ford, GM and chrysler all sell overseas, and I can pretty much guarantee you that each of them sold at least 8000 units of every car they make in every country their sold in(except vettes and stuff obviously).

The genesis failed so hard in the US its not even funny. All that hype and car of the year, and then look what happens. They predicted 50,000 units sold in the US for 2009, and only sold 8,000.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Hyundai backed out of Japan recently.

I was not aware of that. You would think they would be big there.

I always find it funny how buick is huge in china. Don't get me wrong, their nice cars my dad has one, its just funny for some reason.

Archived