Good, Better, Best Automotive

no dude, imo make it worth your time upselling and carrying additional lines of film. Charge an additional $20 per line or more up to your best line.

That's what I was thinking, didn't want to carry another film line if it wasn't going to make me any more $$$, just wanted a few other opinions on what worked and what didn't. I want customers to leave thinking wow that guy really knows his stuff, and I think they would tell others as well so I do think a good display explaining everything and me asking ?s would be just the trick.

What kind of marketing deals does Llumar have, anyone know. I have an info packet from them and I'm thinking of switching to them. Just didn't know if the advertising & promotion program they supposidly have is of any value or not?

Thanks to everyone for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.

I do good better best, all are lifetime warranty, seems to work fine, customers still get options and they learn more about it too.

ATC/ATR/ATX

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTYtMjAwOTEyMTgtMDk0M.jpg

I have those as well but I dont like the good better best. atc imo is the best NR film. atr is the best hybrid film, and imo atx is a good ceramic blend. it just depends on if the customer wants to pay for a higher end film. because if the customer just wants a black exterior and doesnt car about heat, atc is the best looking exteriorly

Guest scottydosnntkno
I do good better best, all are lifetime warranty, seems to work fine, customers still get options and they learn more about it too.

ATC/ATR/ATX

I have those as well but I dont like the good better best. atc imo is the best NR film. atr is the best hybrid film, and imo atx is a good ceramic blend. it just depends on if the customer wants to pay for a higher end film. because if the customer just wants a black exterior and doesnt car about heat, atc is the best looking exteriorly

:lol2 I find that 80% of my customers just want black windows, and could care less what film is on them.

Guest paintball_pro

Maybe its because im in a small town but I just dont get why you wouldnt want to do a good better best for any reason. The tint market is incredably saturated and every joker who sees someone do it thinks its instant get rich if they start their own business. If you call any tint shop (regardles of if they suck or not) they will tell you everything you want to hear. Tint sales over the phone is just like selling cars, say anything just to get the customer to come in and take it for a test drive.

Most customers who call to get a quote dont want to be asked 25 different questions, they already know they want tint and are just calling around to see who does it cheaper, because in a customers eyes if your in the phone book, your probably a legitiment tinter.

This is why it is sooooo important for a customer to have choices and for you to offer those choices. For example: Custy calls me and says, im just after a quote on getting my 4 dr civic tinted. Regardless of their age or how they sound on the phone, the first question is how did you hear about us. If its a referal, you know they are coming to you for a reason. If they are going through the book, you know they are probably price concious.

So if they are not a referal, you need to make sure and sell your shop and yourself. People buy from who they like and feel comfertable talking to. Be a person to your customers and try to conect with them about their car. For instance, I start by telling them that I have the account for our local honda dealer so I assure my customer I tint hundreds of those civics a year and the reason the dealer sends them to us is due to the fact there has never been a customer complaint about the quality of the job. I also tell the customer that we are not the cheap shop in town. you get what you pay for in this industry and if you want it to cost cheap, its gonna look cheap to. I never mention that we do a good better best. I only sell lifetime films, but each one is an upgrade. The goal is to get them into your shop. Your not lying about anything, your just telling them they get a lifetime warranty product, thats installed by a professional tinter who has been doing it for over 10 years and will be there when they buy their next honda to.

My starting line up is nothing special but we use aegis adn films. They shrink good, they offer a lifetime warranty, and I stand out from every other shop in town that each use suntek. For my better film I use Madico CH line. Its an extruded film that is way crisper to look through and offers a bit of a polorized look which my custys love. for my best we pull out the heat box and show the customer what wincos “spectrally selective” films can do.

Bottom line is this: we get people in the door with our basic lifetime product. Each upgrade adds $40 to the price. Make your customer pic whats right for them, but not over the phone.

Archived