2010 Lancer

TintWizard

WTF , just got another 2010 Lancer and has NO felt ...can't believe that. This morning I'm thinking "great ! " this afternoon I'm wondering why the heck they would have some felted and not others :dunno

BTW , just curious who felts both top and bottom of these gaskets or just the bottom portion ?

First time I've ever had felt not wanting to stick to the gasket.

I usually scour it with sandpaper and alcohol , heat it with a heatgun , then stick on the felt..tacks up REAL good..this time not so much..crap !

Guest maddtinter
WTF , just got another 2010 Lancer and has NO felt ...can't believe that. This morning I'm thinking "great ! " this afternoon I'm wondering why the heck they would have some felted and not others :dunno

BTW , just curious who felts both top and bottom of these gaskets or just the bottom portion ?

2003 Honda Accord sedans,some had felt some didn't.

OK, I'm at a loss. The felt would not stick to the gasket good enough to stay on . I tried 2 different types of felt, and prepped them as I always have with roughing it up with sandpaper, alcohol and then heating them. Dayum ! Anyone else have this issue ?

Amazing no comments at all on this thread. My distributor has asked me if I've heard of any good "fixes" for this. It seems as though I'm not the only one with the issue as there seems to be some sort of coating on the plastic gaskets that makes it so that us felters can't even felt them :gasp Seriously no one else here has had issues with felting the newer Lancer and the felt not sticking?

Any "non cutters of the seals " care to comment ?

09 no felt and 2010 had it... I gave up on this brand so no warranty on scratching...Just take time to explain that '' felt is only a treatment'' for which there is no cure, and tell them to clean the windows every day with spraywax....

Amazing no comments at all on this thread. My distributor has asked me if I've heard of any good "fixes" for this. It seems as though I'm not the only one with the issue as there seems to be some sort of coating on the plastic gaskets that makes it so that us felters can't even felt them :gasp Seriously no one else here has had issues with felting the newer Lancer and the felt not sticking?

Any "non cutters of the seals " care to comment ?

I just saw this.... we have seen the same problem with the felt not sticking correctly....

Archived