nissan nx

Guest 515tinter

Guest 515tinter

couldn't find this vehicle in the search option, but overall should be a very easy car from what it looks like, only doing the rear windows. anyone done one? have any tips or things to look for?

Guest Darknesswithin
couldn't find this vehicle in the search option, but overall should be a very easy car from what it looks like, only doing the rear windows. anyone done one? have any tips or things to look for?

yeah ,,, I have 3 of those bad boys! ,,,, ,, the reason you can't and won't find it in the vehicle search option is ,,,

they are becoming Very rare.... I collect them! ,,,, I have tinted about 15 in the last 3 years ,, all of them are friends and 2 are family member's

I'll be happy to help you the best I can,,, if you haven't already done the tint...

S7302994.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture044.jpg

S7301898.jpg

Guest 515tinter

pretty cool, ya the car is getting a mirrored film/chrome, dont ask why because I have no clue! but since you've so many u might not know but for someone who is gonna do one for the first time, anything I need to look out for?

Guest Darknesswithin

This rear glass is tricky and it will frustrate you quickly,,, I've done it both ways "wet" and "dry" ,,,,, as matter of fact, LOL I do it one and the next is the other!.. what the hay.. :lol I do what I feel like at the moment of truth.. lol

but I find the Dry method work better for me anyway...

here's a few things that may help,,, of course remove anything in the rear hatch area, unplug all the defrost connections and tape them out of the way because the will dangle in the way,,, after you have molded the film to the glass to your liking and when you cut the area's for the defrost connections

" the connection on the bottom just cut a square (don't slice anything yet) just the square! ,,,

and for the sides do the same thing,, long box like ,, about 14 inch's or so right where the defrost stuff is.. Don't slice anything yet

this is the best way to get it without a light gap in between the defrost connection area! and contamination!

clean the rear window for installation.. and so on..

leaving everything together (no slices) peel the entire release liner off and install ,, after you have squeegeed most of the water out ,, then make your slice's ,,,,, by waiting on the slice's you can cover that potental light gap.... yuck... and if your using reflective film .. WOW .. PLEASE take pics for me..

as you can see in this pic the 2 sides have the strings ,, lol this is a removal after 3 yr of being tinted ,, I'm a perfectionist ,, I can't help it. :idea

Picture037-1-1.jpg

I'm not very good at giving tips .. but I tried... I hope this helps you ,,, I'm looking for some more detailed pic's..

Guest 515tinter

wow looks like I have my work cut-out for me, I hate those long defrost deals. as for the defrost lines, not sure if they work or not. what if they do/do not? as far as shrinking I always do dry, with a double H anchor

Guest Darknesswithin

For Real bro ,, ask if they work before you do anything,, examine the lines and you'll know if they work or not,, look for breaks in the lines..

if they don't work just Remove all the connections and wire (on the glass) leave the black plug in hanging ,, or tuck it...

that's one of the few reason's why I removed mine to start over,, if they don't work ,,, you don't need that stuff in the way.. after you remove it ,, the tint will be one whole piece....

I'll get you some fresh pic's tomorrow of both way's ,,,

Picture035-1.jpg

Guest 515tinter
For Real bro ,, ask if they work before you do anything,, examine the lines and you'll know if they work or not,, look for breaks in the lines..

if they don't work just Remove all the connections and wire (on the glass) leave the black plug in hanging ,, or tuck it...

that's one of the few reason's why I removed mine to start over,, if they don't work ,,, you don't need that stuff in the way.. after you remove it ,, the tint will be one whole piece....

I'll get you some fresh pic's tomorrow of both way's ,,,

Picture035-1.jpg

ok gotcha, kinda hoping they dont work then! will look forward to your pics tomorrow

Guest 515tinter
I'm so sorry about the delay... I was busy on the road today and did not get the chance to take the pic's... but will first thing in the morning...

hey, not a problem! I've been busy myself today and finding some time to sit and relax at the computer desk and catch up!

Archived