nissan nx

Guest 515tinter

Guest Darknesswithin

you can see where the defrost connection and the strip the is attached to the glass,,,, I removed the all of it completely ,,,, I did that because the defrost line's where screwed up by the last tinter by scraping the film and glue off with razor blades.... oh well,,

but you have a choice on how good it will look in the end,, If you are able to get the green light from the owner to remove it(after you explain how much better it will look) otherwise I recommend you cut the area out as if you where just going to go around it,, make your slice after you have it place.. and it's best to do it on top,, which is the bottom during installation,

I have 2 of my cars here with me and the 3rd car is 2 hr away so I can't show your what it looks like when the defrost line still work, my brother is driving it for work . I forgot he has the one that still works..LOL,... here's a few pic's.

looking through 5+ yr old True grey 6

100_2174.jpg

you can see here on the outside how close it is in between the edge and defrost strip,, from the outside it will look like it's still there, you really have 2 choices and I think this is the best way to go provided the defrost lines don't work!

100_2172.jpg

I found this one ,, I'm pulling the defrost wire down before I steam the film off(<< ONLY way TO remove film :cold ), just be REAL careful and DON'T pry "on" or "at" the solder that connects the wire to the glass,, just use a razor blade and keep it flat while taking the solder off,, it's not too bad just pay attention and don't pry!! once you get the ends loose the rest of it comes off easy, that you can pull on(slowly)

Picture030-1.jpg

Took this one today

Looking through almost 1 year old True Grey 18 ,,,

100_2193.jpg

but anyway I hope this has helped...

Archived