Smart Glass???

Guest Sprinter

bring it on, another industry that will be working on old cars to feed your familys after 2015 every car has it or sooner because you know the less your a/c has to work in your car the less polutants and less gas you have to use, all that GREEN crap theory, heres a better one lets see WASHINGTON do what they said they were going to do with the department of ENERGY division that they set up in the 70's, now to the tune of over 42,000 goverment jobs and there yearly costs of over a few BILLION dollars.

To what figure out how to find another method of how not to use OIL for automotive use or gasoline, so what do we pay these people for, for them to tell us not to DRILL in Alaska. give me a break.... I want on the payroll to throw out ideas on what not to do, so were inslaved to other countries for our oil and fuel needs so they can stick it to us!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
hey lexus has a car that parks it self . I dont think your focus or civic will have an option like that in the next 10 yrs .

Ford has it in the new lincoln cars, and is expecting to put it into the rest of the lineup for 2011 :thumb

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/01...ark-system.html

ford magazine says that its 24 seconds faster than lexus's system, 30% more accurate and only requires 1.2x the length of the vehicle as opposed to 1.5x for lexus.

Guest scottydosnntkno
bring it on, another industry that will be working on old cars to feed your familys after 2015 every car has it or sooner because you know the less your a/c has to work in your car the less polutants and less gas you have to use, all that GREEN crap theory, heres a better one lets see WASHINGTON do what they said they were going to do with the department of ENERGY division that they set up in the 70's, now to the tune of over 42,000 goverment jobs and there yearly costs of over a few BILLION dollars.

To what figure out how to find another method of how not to use OIL for automotive use or gasoline, so what do we pay these people for, for them to tell us not to DRILL in Alaska. give me a break.... I want on the payroll to throw out ideas on what not to do, so were inslaved to other countries for our oil and fuel needs so they can stick it to us!!

just as an fyi- if your traveling faster than 25mph, using your a/c is actually MORE economical than not using it. Driving with the windows down at higher speeds significantly increases wind resistance, and the fuel usage to overcome that drag far outweighs any savings from not using the a/c.

If your going less than 25 mph, then it is more economical to drive without the a/c, but only 3-5%.

Sources:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...to/4264939.html

:thumb

my advice is put some chips on the flat glass table. :thumb

:lol2 I agree but the smart glass will come there first I believe. Saw a car at SEMA that the windows were adjustable darkness for only 40 thousand something dollars. I could be wrong AGAIN but several years ago one of the big mannys was heavy invested in Research Frontiers stock :lol Who can tell me what heat rejection and UV control the "smart glass" has?

Cheers

Stan :lol2

Guest Sprinter

just as an fyi- if your traveling faster than 25mph, using your a/c is actually MORE economical than not using it. Driving with the windows down at higher speeds significantly increases wind resistance, and the fuel usage to overcome that drag far outweighs any savings from not using the a/c.

If your going less than 25 mph, then it is more economical to drive without the a/c, but only 3-5%.

Sources:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...to/4264939.html

:thumb

I didn't say this OBAMA's administration said this.

hey lexus has a car that parks it self . I dont think your focus or civic will have an option like that in the next 10 yrs .

who cares if it parks itself.. that for people who can't drive anyways... :thumb

Guest tint14u
Hell no, you have no idea how expensive this stuff can be. AGP is a mayor supplier of bullet proof auto glass here, they charge USD 700 as optional tinted armored glass, now try to imagine how much they would charge for such a smart glass...

agreed ee should all be retired by the time this happens

Guest Jason B

Ok, it's been 4 years since this has been out. How about an update? Anyone use it?

Lots of info on smarttint.com - looking for the price to come down.

Archived